Username
Password

08:26 PM on 10/08/13 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
Yea Bloomington was infested with PTV fans. The girl next to me said she had never heard of twy and only heard a couple ADTR songs. Literally the exact opposite reason I was there, but she was cool though. And when I started going to shows and getting merch i eventually started wearing bands that were playing because well they were playing, idk i just feel like i should rep the band I'm there to see. I kinda noticed that that wasn't the norm, but who cares when I see ADTR I will always wear my first ADTR shirt I got, not ending the tradition now
08:40 PM on 10/08/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
and we all return to our roots
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Everyone I saw there were wearing either a PTV shirt or ADTR shirts, when did it become a thing to wear the band your seeings shirt? I thought that was a no no, at least back when I was younger it was. One of the girls in line behind me thought chunk! no, captain chunk! was playing and she drove all the way from St. Louis. I think if I drove 2+ hours to a show I'd at least know what bands were playing.

Some people make a big deal about wearing the shirt of the band you're seeing, but I think caring about that stuff is stupid. I'm glad people are buying and wearing band merch no matter what.

I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for that girl. Like, I don't have a clue what gave her the idea that Chunk was on the tour. Then again, some people just don't really pay attention. I know one girl who is a pretty big TWY fan, and she didn't even know the House Party Tour was happening, who was on it, or that it was playing in our town.
09:06 PM on 10/08/13 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
Some people make a big deal about wearing the shirt of the band you're seeing, but I think caring about that stuff is stupid. I'm glad people are buying and wearing band merch no matter what.

I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for that girl. Like, I don't have a clue what gave her the idea that Chunk was on the tour. Then again, some people just don't really pay attention. I know one girl who is a pretty big TWY fan, and she didn't even know the House Party Tour was happening, who was on it, or that it was playing in our town.

My buddy who loves pop punk and ADTR didn't even know Common Courtesy came out last night or even today for that matter. Some people are just completely oblivious and I'll never understand why.
02:34 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
My buddy who loves pop punk and ADTR didn't even know Common Courtesy came out last night or even today for that matter. Some people are just completely oblivious and I'll never understand why.

I mean, I know that by posting on this site and taking an active interest in reading music news and stuff, we're the exception rather than the norm, but it still surprises me when people don't keep up on at least their favorite bands and genres.
04:48 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female

Yeah it's good to see that people aren't caring about stupid "rules" like that anymore. I remember back about ten years ago I used to wear the same The Early November shirt ALL the time, I was going to go to their show and not thinking about it I put the shirt on and my friends were like noooooo you can't do that! haha I still have that shirt!

I think some people are just oblivious because they have too much other stuff to worry/stress about in their lives, I don't know, or they aren't as big of fans as they think they are. haha
04:59 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah it's good to see that people aren't caring about stupid "rules" like that anymore. I remember back about ten years ago I used to wear the same The Early November shirt ALL the time, I was going to go to their show and not thinking about it I put the shirt on and my friends were like noooooo you can't do that! haha I still have that shirt!

I think some people are just oblivious because they have too much other stuff to worry/stress about in their lives, I don't know, or they aren't as big of fans as they think they are. haha

Obviously I understand having other priorities. I consciously make being a music fan a big priority in my life because it's something I really enjoy more than just about anything else, and I know other people have their own things they feel as strongly about. But this girl that I'm talking about stuck out to me because she goes out of her way to talk about how big a fan of TWY and some other bands she is, so it really surprised me when she didn't have a clue what was going on with them.
05:38 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
Obviously I understand having other priorities. I consciously make being a music fan a big priority in my life because it's something I really enjoy more than just about anything else, and I know other people have their own things they feel as strongly about. But this girl that I'm talking about stuck out to me because she goes out of her way to talk about how big a fan of TWY and some other bands she is, so it really surprised me when she didn't have a clue what was going on with them.

I agree I love music and when I really love a band I invest a lot into them. I'm a part of a bands forum and the friends I've met on there are like family, we travel great distances to go see the band play together and we genuinely love and care about the bands music. I also have another favorite band of mines logo tattooed on me, you can probably take a guess who that is(were seeing them on Saturday! yeah!). But yeah that's really surprising that she didn't know, especially because that tour is so huge, it's kind of hard not to know about.
05:38 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
thisisnotbrianm
Worcester, MA /...
Male - 19 Years Old
I don't know how reception was for TWY in other markets, but in Lowell last night, the crowd was INSANE. Seriously. Huge pits, lots of people singing along, and the actual crowd portion was so intense that tons of people left within the first song.

Granted, it could have just been PTV fangirls trying to secure a good spot, but that crowd was intense.

Side note: PTV fangirls need to stop. They definitely had the biggest and roughest crowd of the night. People actually left after PTV which I found strange.
05:41 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't know how reception was for TWY in other markets, but in Lowell last night, the crowd was INSANE. Seriously. Huge pits, lots of people singing along, and the actual crowd portion was so intense that tons of people left within the first song.

Granted, it could have just been PTV fangirls trying to secure a good spot, but that crowd was intense.

Side note: PTV fangirls need to stop. They definitely had the biggest and roughest crowd of the night. People actually left after PTV which I found strange.

I couldn't hang around too long after ATL played at my date (had my own show to get to), but just based on the crowd, I legitimately wondered if PTV is close to headlining tours of this size themselves.
05:45 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female

The PTV fangirls are the WORST. I actually really like PTV but shit those little teenage girls are ruining it for me. I felt like I was at a Justin Beiber concert...
05:55 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
thisisnotbrianm
Worcester, MA /...
Male - 19 Years Old
The PTV fangirls are the WORST. I actually really like PTV but shit those little teenage girls are ruining it for me. I felt like I was at a Justin Beiber concert...

SAME. I've been a fan of PTV since Flair came out in 2007 and their crowds were NEVER like this. I swear - they do one song with Kellin Quinn and suddenly every teenage girl just comes out of the woodwork.
07:06 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
estacey99
straight outta Canada, eh
Hamilton, ON
Male - 21 Years Old

it felt like that during PTV's set at Riot Fest, there were these 2 girls beside me for the entire duration of their set that were all "I LOVE YOU VIC" or just screaming in general, and that probably demolished my hearing more than the loud music
09:00 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
warpedFr3ak
No Avatar Selected
Vermont
Male
it felt like that during PTV's set at Riot Fest, there were these 2 girls beside me for the entire duration of their set that were all "I LOVE YOU VIC" or just screaming in general, and that probably demolished my hearing more than the loud music

Yeah I was in Lowell last night and down on the floor. All the girls prior to PTV's set just kept saying "omg when Vic comes out I might faint, i just might, omg, omg omg."

Here is the thing, PTV put on a good show, no doubt, but they were also the hardest to understand all night. I don't know if it was the bass/guitars were just too loud, but I couldn't make out any of the lyrics. And I know a few PTV songs and it just sounded weird. Because when ATL/ADTR were up I clearly could hear all of it.

Also, Tsongas Arena in Lowell has the worst setup for a show. I feel bad for those who wanted to see TWY and were outside in line for 2 hours.
09:24 AM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
I was shocked at huge PTV is. I had absolutely no idea, I feel like more people in the crowd sang along to them then ADTR. And a lot of people definitely left after they played. Really weird
05:07 PM on 10/09/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
I just find it so weird that teenage girls are attracted to them(ptv), I didn't know 16 year old girls were into 30 year old balding men...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos