AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:59 AM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
I checked the tickets for Bloomington the other day and there were still a ton of tickets. I think if it was on a weekend it would be selling better because they'd be getting more kids from Chicago/Indiana/other areas of IL. I hope they start selling more, maybe once the college kids move back?
06:20 AM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
ImAMetaphor
Not throwing stones at you anymore
Kalamazoo, MI
Male
I bought a ticket immediately because I live so close to the venue that I know I'd kick myself for not going, but all of my friends are in the same boat as you about the ticket price. I'm really curious how this tour will do in Bloomington. I want it do well so we get more than country hacks in the future.
Yeah, I can understand why it's so much and $50 is actually reasonable for an arena/larger amphitheater. I'm just debating on whether I should pay that much to see 3 bands I've seen many times before (except ADTR) with friends, or go to smaller fall tours and pay less.

Such a first world problem but whatever
02:02 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
AnimatorKey
No Avatar Selected
Really cool
02:05 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm probably hitting up bloomington, I'm just pissed because the whole tour is playing riot fest which I am going to all three days of, but obviously without ADTR so now I gotta come home from Milwaukee on a weekday and drive another 2 hours, but it will be worth it
11:11 PM on 08/01/13 
User Info.
rh892
No Avatar Selected
Male - 25 Years Old
Have a few extra GA seats tickets I'm trying to sell to the Colorado show if anyone is interested. I'm selling them for face value at $29 so no fees or anything (you'll save $). Message me if you are interested or know anyone.
02:23 AM on 08/02/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
This is for dreaming.
Chicago, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm sad that face value for your show is twenty dollars less than mine.
07:06 PM on 08/02/13 
User Info.
Jonny Sniper
No Avatar Selected
North Carolina
Male - 23 Years Old
Bought my Greensboro ticket at box office for 35 today.
01:42 PM on 08/03/13 
User Info.
caraballo
Gnarkill
Carmel, IN
Male - 18 Years Old
So when do you guys think TWY will get announced?
02:11 PM on 08/03/13 
User Info.
estacey99
straight outta Canada, eh
Hamilton, ON
Male - 21 Years Old
So when do you guys think TWY will get announced?
they were announced as support for ATL's off-shows today I think, so maybe an announcement could be made really soon
02:37 PM on 08/03/13 
User Info.
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
The Wonder Years just announced that they will be playing with All Time Low on those 4 off shows.

9/13 - Knitting Factory ~ Boise, ID
9/22 - Ventura Theater ~ Ventura, CA
9/27 - Pharr Entertainment Center ~ Pharr, TX
10/7 - The Fillmore ~ Silver Spring, MD
02:39 PM on 08/03/13 
User Info.
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
I checked the tickets for Bloomington the other day and there were still a ton of tickets. I think if it was on a weekend it would be selling better because they'd be getting more kids from Chicago/Indiana/other areas of IL. I hope they start selling more, maybe once the college kids move back?

I'd assume that a lot of people in Chicago/suburbs will just see All Time Low, Pierce the Veil and The Wonder Years at Riot Fest.
03:45 PM on 08/03/13 
User Info.
caraballo
Gnarkill
Carmel, IN
Male - 18 Years Old
I'd assume that a lot of people in Chicago/suburbs will just see All Time Low, Pierce the Veil and The Wonder Years at Riot Fest.
Shoulda moved it to Indianapolis, adtr and twy are the only bands that have toured here this year. Atl and ptv haven't played a non warped show here in a good two-three years
09:15 AM on 08/04/13 
User Info.
CBKfan84
Male - 30 Years Old
All you guys are like wahhhh too expensive. Two things. One, the price of the ticket will only mean that the most devoted fans will be going to this show=good time by all. Second, I don't know why you are making the connection that a bands financial success should depend on your cash liquidity not their actual talent and appeal
09:44 AM on 08/04/13 
User Info.
thisisnotbrianm
Worcester, MA /...
Male - 20 Years Old
All you guys are like wahhhh too expensive. Two things. One, the price of the ticket will only mean that the most devoted fans will be going to this show=good time by all. Second, I don't know why you are making the connection that a bands financial success should depend on your cash liquidity not their actual talent and appeal
There is no connection to price and level of fandom. To be honest, I bet scene girls all over the country who only know "If It Means A Lot To You" and "All I Want" will still make mommy and daddy shell out the money for this.

This is an expensive tour for this genre of music. My date is over $60, after fees. I saw ADTR this year for $35, and saw ATL and PTV for $25. TWY is usually $15 as well. The fact that this is over $60 is just ridiculous. For that price I can go to 3 or 4 shows. I'm only going because I love TWY, ATL, and PTV, but paying $60 to see them is making me re-think that.

Cash liquidity is huge here. This tour is priced way too high. It turns people off. Appeal and talent have nothing to do with it. If a tour's too expensive, people won't go, and that's the case here.

Just because you're willing to spend $60 on a tour that should be $40 MAX doesn't make you better than anyone else. Some of us don't have the money, so please keep into consideration other peoples' stances before you generalize.
09:44 AM on 08/04/13 
User Info.
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
Los Angeles, CA
Female - 21 Years Old

I hardly think that expensive tickets make it so that only "the most devoted fans" will go, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos