Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 97.
11:59 AM on 07/23/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Dig the video, but I was hoping for the actual acoustic version of the song.
12:02 PM on 07/23/13
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
That I'm not sure of --- but man is it bad.

It's worse than bad.. Which makes me sad because I actually really enjoyed Live From Orensanz
12:18 PM on 07/23/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Most excited for "Back Home", I think.
12:33 PM on 07/23/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I'll watch when I get home. Looking forward to hearing one year six months, my fave song by them.
12:44 PM on 07/23/13
earthlight
User Info.
You can hear the entire acoustic version of "Only One" in the background of this video:

http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/v...ith_yellowcard
12:46 PM on 07/23/13
mybravedesign
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'll take my copies of "one for the kids" and "the underdog EP" and walk this way thank you.... .
12:59 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
i'll take my copies of "one for the kids" and "the underdog EP" and walk this way thank you.... .
That's their only material you like? Yeeah.
01:45 PM on 07/23/13
samsaidyes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
word to that.

I personally am kind of embarrassed by it for the band. ok, maybe that's too strong of a reaction, I mean, it's pretty harmless. I just think it makes no sense at all to release this to hype the new album. especially when the actual studio version was released on itunes last night.

EDIT: and to think when I first read the title to this thread I thought they'd actually made a real video for it. my mind raced with thoughts that maybe they did a sequel to the original video, or did something in a similar style. or maybe something totally new. instead I saw this. massive letdown.

Exactly what I was thinking. For something as huge as a 10 year anniversary, they should have done something much cooler to celebrate the milestone. I liked this video, cause it's always nice to include fans and have everyone singing such an awesome song together, but they really should have made a video with the studio version, and have it referring to the original music video for Ocean Avenue. A cool little remake or something like that. That would have blown everyone's mind. Man, it's such a good idea, the more I think about it the more I get sad.

So happy for the guys, though. The 10 years I've spent loving this band has made me who I am today, and I'm stoked for this album and the tour.
01:58 PM on 07/23/13
wookieparty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That video is stupid in my opinion, mainly because they don't use a vocal microphone. And for the most part you only hear the fans singing.
02:01 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
That video is stupid in my opinion, mainly because they don't use a vocal microphone. And for the most part you only hear the fans singing.
Yep. Really bad video for a promotion of something. Feels like an impromptu set and a fan got it on film. I mean obviously that wasn't what happened but, man, this is lame.
02:08 PM on 07/23/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Agreed. Expected something better. Fans singing together at a show can be exhilarating if you're part of it. I don't wanna hear it in a video though.
02:12 PM on 07/23/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Ryan is tearing into the thread comments on his twitter right now. :)

I don't have a problem with the video at all.

@williamryankey: To everyone hating on the video on @absolutepunk, Videos cost and are a waste of money in today's music industry. The are so momentary.

@williamryankey: After the initial YouTube release the views trail off to almost nil. We wanted to invest in the strength of the album and not a video that

@williamryankey: ten people would hold on to. Plus trying to top the original #OceanAve vid would be impossible. So we thought including fans from two

@williamryankey: amazing places we get the chance to travel and play was a great way to say thanks. We were not attempting to blow anyone's mind. We are

@williamryankey: just saying thank you. So while we appreciate the criticism, the point of his is clearly going misunderstood. We put our time, effort, and

@williamryankey: . @hopelessrecords money into making a great album. That's what we hope blows your mind. And to everyone who digs the video and sees it for

@williamryankey: what it is, as always thank you from all of us. Now head to @iTunesMusic and preorder #OceanAve Acoustic!

@williamryankey: By the way y'all, I'm not worried or bummed. I am just trying to do a little part to quell some negative energy in the world of I can.

@williamryankey: I know haters gonna hate and all that. And I don't say thank you enough to those of you who are positive and always support no matter what

@williamryankey: For that I apologize. Don't think these folks are getting us down or this is a need to justify. I just want us all to be on the same team
02:28 PM on 07/23/13
ctigers92
I always could count on futures
User Info.
This is an interesting idea to re-release Ocean Avenue this way. I think a decent portion of their fans will enjoy it, but it's really not doing much for me at all. Might as well scrap the guitars from the original song, put acoustic guitars on it and mix it in with the old tracks. That's basically what they did with this song, except put a new vocal on it.
02:36 PM on 07/23/13
JordanPlum
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Watching this just makes me more excited to see them on tour this fall
02:39 PM on 07/23/13
samsaidyes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I totally get what Ryan is saying, and he makes a good point. I really do like this video, it got me all teary thinking about how close of a family the Yellowcard community is and how amazing this 10 year journey has been. A high production video doesn't need to be made for it to express that, cause this kind of video does express that, and it does have a deeper meaning, at least for me. I was just saying how a video referring to the original would have been a cool idea :) I honestly could never hate on these guys.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests