Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
05:59 PM on 07/23/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Especially when I read that the guy who is covering the Ocean Ave legacy question was 12 when he first heard it. How could you really relate to Ocean Ave when your 12? I was 17, turning 18, when it came out, leaving high school, and going through a horrible high school breakup with a girl I was with for those 4 years( I got the short end of that relationship) so I really connected with this album. I've loved every album(lights and sounds took some growing) since hearing October Nights on napster/kaaza or whatever illegal downloading program it was at the time. The only time this band let me down was with the hiatus because Paperwalls was fantastic. I'm so glad they got back together.
You may not to relate to every lyric in a literal sense at that age, but that doesn't mean it didn't have some importance at the time. I believe I was 12 when I first heard it as well, but it was the first album that I could just sit there and listen to on repeat for hours.

There were some problems at home for me at that age, but listening to "Ocean Avenue" made everything disappear for awhile. Hell, I still feel that peace when I'm listening to it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos