Username
Password
Yellowcard News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yellowcard
Inside AP.net

Ryan Key Posts Thoughts on New Video

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/23/13)
Ryan Key (Yellowcard) responded to some of the comments about the band's new video that was premiered here today.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44
05:06 PM on 07/23/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Ryan Key ResponseTo everyone hating on the video on @absolutepunk, Videos cost and are a waste of money in today's music industry. The are so momentary. After the initial YouTube release the views trail off to almost nil. We wanted to invest in the strength of the album and not a video that ten people would hold on to. Plus trying to top the original #OceanAve vid would be impossible. So we thought including fans from two amazing places we get the chance to travel and play was a great way to say thanks. We were not attempting to blow anyone's mind. We are just saying thank you. So while we appreciate the criticism, the point of his is clearly going misunderstood. We put our time, effort, and @hopelessrecords money into making a great album. That's what we hope blows your mind. And to everyone who digs the video and sees it for what it is, as always thank you from all of us. Now head to @iTunesMusic and preorder #OceanAve Acoustic!

By the way y'all, I'm not worried or bummed. I am just trying to do a little part to quell some negative energy in the world of I can. I know haters gonna hate and all that. And I don't say thank you enough to those of you who are positive and always support no matter what. For that I apologize. Don't think these folks are getting us down or this is a need to justify. I just want us all to be on the same team.
05:13 PM on 07/23/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I was about to complain about multi-tweet statements, then saw Drew fixed it up. Thanks.
05:25 PM on 07/23/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
I feel like people were just more confused than necessarily negative. It's a weird move to hype up a "music video" to promote an album when the video is live and doesn't even contain anything from the recorded album.
05:27 PM on 07/23/13
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
I expecting something bad because Twitter rants are usually bad, but that was reasonable. I don't even see what's so bad about the video, to be honest.
05:31 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
I already did a TL:DR reply in the other thread. So I'll keep it short here.

Video is presented as the first video for their new acoustic album. The video is pretty lame and mostly fans singing over a random acoustic performance with nothing to do with the album. People react in confusion. Ryan is sad.

Odd.
05:32 PM on 07/23/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
I think the complaint was more about the video not containing the studio version...
05:40 PM on 07/23/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Just shouldn't have been made as a video, especially if he seems to be self-conscious about it. People were legitimately concerned that the video's audio was the official CD version. Would've been better fit with just a song stream, or studio footage, etc.
05:41 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
Just shouldn't have been made as a video, especially if he seems to be self-conscious about it. People were legitimately concerned that the video's audio was the official CD version. Would've been better fit with just a song stream, or studio footage, etc.

Yep. I don't see why he can't see this. Oh well.
05:44 PM on 07/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yep. I don't see why he can't see this. Oh well.
Seems he does see that.
05:49 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
Seems he does see that.

I don't think from his reply he understands why we had the reaction some of us have had. He explains why they did this and what it's actually supposed to be. But I don't get the feeling he sees why people are confused by it.
05:56 PM on 07/23/13
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I already did a TL:DR reply in the other thread. So I'll keep it short here.

Video is presented as the first video for their new acoustic album. The video is pretty lame and mostly fans singing over a random acoustic performance with nothing to do with the album. People react in confusion. Ryan is sad.

Odd.
This. When I read "video premiere" I legitimately thought it was a video with at least the studio version of the song, so when I saw that it was just the recording of fans singing the song, I wasn't let down, I was just a bit confused. And the same -I think- happened to many other people.
05:57 PM on 07/23/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
video wasn't bad, couldn't finish watching it because im not a fan of listening to crowds of fans sing
its just there was so much build up and anticipation to a less than extraordinary video
05:59 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
This. When I read "video premiere" I legitimately thought it was a video with at least the studio version of the song, so when I saw that it was just the recording of fans singing the song, I wasn't let down, I was just a bit confused. And the same -I think- happened to many other people.

I just don't get how this is a thank you to fans. Maybe I'm just a bitter asshole? But I couldn't care less about hearing anyone but Ryan sing this song. My bad.
06:15 PM on 07/23/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
This is how you handle criticism well. AJ Perdomo should take note.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums