AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Victory Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Close Your Eyes Announce New Vocalist, Album Title

Posted by - 07:58 PM on 07/23/13
Close Your Eyes have announced Sam Robinson as their new vocalist. The band is currently in the studio with producer Cameron Webb (Alkaline Trio, Silverstein). Their new album, Line in the Sand, is due out in October via Victory Records.
We are very excited to finally be able to share with everyone that Sam Robinson is the vocalist of Close Your Eyes. I’m already blown away by the new material that we have been working on - his voice is a very strong addition to the CYE family. He is an incredible vocalist and a great guy that shares our vision and purpose. We cannot wait for everyone to hear the new songs and to be back on tour again. Come hang out and say what's up to Sam!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
08:03 PM on 07/23/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I'll probably check it out, but I'm not expecting much
08:11 PM on 07/23/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
08:12 PM on 07/23/13
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
their first album was pretty good, wondering if the new vocalist will do the same type of style
08:13 PM on 07/23/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Excited for this, spending the time to find the right vocalist is really gonna pay off for these guys I think.
08:31 PM on 07/23/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
their first album was pretty good, wondering if the new vocalist will do the same type of style
ugh, hope not. The second album was so much better than the debut.
08:34 PM on 07/23/13
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
Was the new vocalist in any other bands before this? Wanna hear what he sounds like
08:38 PM on 07/23/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Was the new vocalist in any other bands before this? Wanna hear what he sounds like
seriously, I want to know the answer to that too. Did a google search, but couldn't find any relevant results.
08:51 PM on 07/23/13
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
Sam was in Blessed By a Broken Heart after Tony, the vocalist on the 2 albums, left. And if you search on youtube "Close Your Eyes live 2013" you can find a TON on him. Google sucks compared to Youtube when trying to find what something/one sounds like...just saying haha!

Sam is actually a super legit singer. He has the vocal range of a hair metal singer, but his voice just works somehow so well in the CYE vibe.
thanks!
08:54 PM on 07/23/13
mbarney82
User Info.
finally some news! i needa hear a single first with the new vocalist. i loved shane so much, should be interesting
08:55 PM on 07/23/13
rushour144
User Info.
No problem dude.
08:56 PM on 07/23/13
rushour144
User Info.

seriously, I want to know the answer to that too. Did a google search, but couldn't find any relevant results.

Excited for this, spending the time to find the right vocalist is really gonna pay off for these guys I think.

ugh, hope not. The second album was so much better than the debut.

Sam was in Blessed By a Broken Heart after Tony, the vocalist on the 2 albums, left. And if you search on youtube "Close Your Eyes live 2013" you can find a TON on him. Google sucks compared to Youtube when trying to find what something/one sounds like...just saying haha!

Sam is actually a super legit singer. He has the vocal range of a hair metal singer, but his voice just works somehow so well in the CYE vibe.

EDIT: Didn't quote everyone I meant to. His style is much more like Shane on their 2nd album...but with that said, it's totally different...from what I've heard.
09:00 PM on 07/23/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
There's no way this record isn't going to be amazing
01:34 AM on 07/24/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
There's no way this record isn't going to be amazing
Damn, great voice.

Will check out their new record, I've loved both their full lenghts.
05:57 AM on 07/24/13
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Just watched some videos of him singing, sounds like he's a great fit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos