AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Augustana News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Augustana Working on New Music; Give Away New Demo

Posted by - 05:32 PM on 07/24/13
Augustana have been working on new music and have signed to a yet to be announced label to release their future album. Until then, the band has released a demo called "Alive" that you can stream and download on their site.
Hey guys, it's Daniel.

I just wanted to reach out to you all and fill you in on what we've been doing... I know I don't get online to say hey very often, I'm gonna do my best to try to check in more often from here on out...

If you've been to any of the shows in recent years, you're probably aware that I've been writing and playing quite a bit of new material... most of which will end up on a new Augustana record in the near future... as well as some songs you all haven't heard yet. We've recently signed a new record deal to ensure that new Augustana music will be released and details on all that will be announced shortly.

As far as touring is concerned, there aren't any official dates as of yet, but keep an eye out for sporadic shows between now and 2014. However, I anticipate plenty of touring next year in most American cities and eventually we hope to finally make our way out to the U.K. and Europe. Nobody is more excited than me to get out there and play 3 records worth of material you've never seen in a live setting as well as the new album.

Mainly though, I just wanted to step out and personally say thank you to everyone who's been so supportive over the past decade of Augustana, as well as those who've been so understanding and patient through all the changes in the last 2-3 years... You all mean so much to us and words could not possibly express how much your support and encouragement through thick and thin has done for us. I hope and plan to be seeing you all at many shows for another decade and the decade after that, and I couldn't be more excited for everyone to hear new music.

I'll check back in very soon... Have a great week and thank you so much.

-Daniel

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
05:46 PM on 07/24/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
I thought these guys went on hiatus.
05:50 PM on 07/24/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Well I'm okay with this.
05:52 PM on 07/24/13
promisemedan
User Info.
This is so awesome.
06:25 PM on 07/24/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Fuck yes.

EDIT: Demo sounds better than anything off s/t, minus Counting Stars, imo.
06:36 PM on 07/24/13
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Yes yes
06:39 PM on 07/24/13
suppyguppy
User Info.
Yeah I thought they had broken up or gone on hiatus. Stoked they're doing new stuff. Incredibly underrated band.
06:44 PM on 07/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
So fucking underrated.
06:45 PM on 07/24/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Fuck yes.

EDIT: Demo sounds better than anything off s/t, minus Counting Stars, imo.
Listen again, there's SO much good stuff. "Borrowed Time" is particularly amazing and "Shot In The Dark" is the best Jack's Mannequin track that Andrew McMahon never wrote.
06:57 PM on 07/24/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Listen again, there's SO much good stuff. "Borrowed Time" is particularly amazing and "Shot In The Dark" is the best Jack's Mannequin track that Andrew McMahon never wrote.
I like everything about "Borrowed Time" except the chorus. Kinda bores me. "Shot In The Dark" is fine, but nothing special. I did forget about "Someone's Baby Now" however. That song's great. Everything else isn't even close to the quality of the first two albums for me though (both of which I absolutely adore).

EDIT: the closer's not bad, either.
07:29 PM on 07/24/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Yeah, I thought this band was done? Not complaining though. Can't Love Can't Hurt might have been my favorite album released in 2008. Never got into the record after it though, unfortunately.
07:40 PM on 07/24/13
stephenHOPE
User Info.
well this is great news. bangarang.
08:32 PM on 07/24/13
Nardes
User Info.
Have had this on repeat all night!
08:40 PM on 07/24/13
petter182
User Info.
Loved every Augustana album so far. There's so much talent in everything Dan does.
12:52 AM on 07/25/13
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
wow this is awesome news. their last album is one of my favorites, and i was worried they were on their way out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos