Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
11:37 AM on 07/25/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
It's an ambitious idea. At least they're trying something different and it could work. Their Renegades Forever mixtape was surprisingly good (usually don't dig remixes).

I love ISS on CD but I am still rather upset to hear they backtrack their performances. Seems pointless and lazy.
04:43 PM on 07/25/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I enjoy bands like ISS and the such. It's fun as a standalone thing. Comparing it to other hardcore or metalcore related subgenres isn't a good idea. It's pretty much dance pop for the metalcore crowd. And I'm totally fine with that. As someone who's been a metalcore fanboy for nearly 10 years, I still get excited whenever someone puts a new twist on it.

Also, you have to realize, these bands are naturally going to market their music to high school kids. When I was 13 and 14, bands like Eighteen Visions, Bleeding Through, and Atreyu made their names by building a fanbase amongst people in the 14 to 18 age group, I think the key to still enjoying metalcore into my mid 20s is to always keep things in perspective properly. Bands like ISS who have a young fanbase and fit the "scene" look of the today are just doing the same thing bands were doing then. They're not going to start magically pandering to people my age.

I agree very much and seem to be in the same situation. I remember 18V (my favorite band in highschool) being ridiculed by the hive mind for being "fashioncore" but now they're fairly revered. I can especially relate to the bolded statement. Someone always seems to find an interesting spin on it and it remains a very compelling genre. My only real gripes are that there were too many bands in this genre coming out for awhile and it diluted the specialness and there are an unfortunate number of acts these days that have no experience and break up soon after recording.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos