Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
11:24 AM on 07/25/13
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
Makes sense. There's definitely a market for dance-ready, electronic-based music with metalcore and hardcore influences. As more and more kids grow up listening to modern -core bands, it's not really an alternative style any more.

In 2003, I know for a fact none of my friends on my hockey teams or basketball team wanted to hear anything as "heavy" as "Cross Out the Eyes" and would cringe at any sort of screaming. Now, I'd bet most kids in those circles are listening to stuff much, much heavier. Of course, loudness wars and impressive (or disgusting) production techniques also contribute to this.

So curious about what the next generation of adult-annoying heavy will be, only time will tell.

Either I'm too old, or my taste is too refined, or I'm too big of a douchebag (probably all three) but stuff like this (such as I See Stars and the sea of similar bands, at least to someone who doesn't spend much time in that genre) doesn't really appeal to me. But there's a huge market for it, and it will undoubtedly shape the future of music, like most trends that non-teenagers find unappealing.
11:34 AM on 07/25/13
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles