Username
Password
Stupid News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 55.
03:50 PM on 07/25/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
To the band and the first 5-10 replies... Niggasss is jokeyyyyyy!
03:51 PM on 07/25/13
TerrancePryor
fakewalls.com/metalarcade.net
User Info.

One of my favorite digital hardcore bands.
04:17 PM on 07/25/13
_veges_
User Info.
These bands still exist?
04:28 PM on 07/25/13
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
Genghis Tron did it best.
04:35 PM on 07/25/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Makes sense. There's definitely a market for dance-ready, electronic-based music with metalcore and hardcore influences. As more and more kids grow up listening to modern -core bands, it's not really an alternative style any more.

In 2003, I know for a fact none of my friends on my hockey teams or basketball team wanted to hear anything as "heavy" as "Cross Out the Eyes" and would cringe at any sort of screaming. Now, I'd bet most kids in those circles are listening to stuff much, much heavier. Of course, loudness wars and impressive (or disgusting) production techniques also contribute to this.

So curious about what the next generation of adult-annoying heavy will be, only time will tell.

Either I'm too old, or my taste is too refined, or I'm too big of a douchebag (probably all three) but stuff like this (such as I See Stars and the sea of similar bands, at least to someone who doesn't spend much time in that genre) doesn't really appeal to me. But there's a huge market for it, and it will undoubtedly shape the future of music, like most trends that non-teenagers find unappealing.
i fully agree with this.
04:43 PM on 07/25/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I enjoy bands like ISS and the such. It's fun as a standalone thing. Comparing it to other hardcore or metalcore related subgenres isn't a good idea. It's pretty much dance pop for the metalcore crowd. And I'm totally fine with that. As someone who's been a metalcore fanboy for nearly 10 years, I still get excited whenever someone puts a new twist on it.

Also, you have to realize, these bands are naturally going to market their music to high school kids. When I was 13 and 14, bands like Eighteen Visions, Bleeding Through, and Atreyu made their names by building a fanbase amongst people in the 14 to 18 age group, I think the key to still enjoying metalcore into my mid 20s is to always keep things in perspective properly. Bands like ISS who have a young fanbase and fit the "scene" look of the today are just doing the same thing bands were doing then. They're not going to start magically pandering to people my age.

I agree very much and seem to be in the same situation. I remember 18V (my favorite band in highschool) being ridiculed by the hive mind for being "fashioncore" but now they're fairly revered. I can especially relate to the bolded statement. Someone always seems to find an interesting spin on it and it remains a very compelling genre. My only real gripes are that there were too many bands in this genre coming out for awhile and it diluted the specialness and there are an unfortunate number of acts these days that have no experience and break up soon after recording.
04:45 PM on 07/25/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Looks like LMFAO threw up neon and then put it on a website. honestly, this EHM or whatever, it sounds like a trend that'll die out fast. but I can see it working if there was a more credible band to back this, like Enter Shikari, but a band like ISS, who has generic sounding edm sounds, I don't really seeing it going far.

Also, remember when 'EDM' wasn't a thing 5 years ago?
06:01 PM on 07/25/13
schaft
TURN DOWN FOR WHAT
User Info.

Edit: Doesn't Fearless Records already have this niche covered?
06:05 PM on 07/25/13
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
User Info.
This band is a joke.
06:43 PM on 07/25/13
Spider Mansion
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Users on this site who are musicians themselves that approve of this band or genre blow my mind.

How can someone who plays or writes their own music approve of a band that simply doesn't play their instruments, and depends on gimmicky-computer-created-trends? It seems borderline unjust to me, and I am certainly a fan of talented and well-crafted electronic music.
10:05 PM on 07/25/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
defend EHM
10:16 PM on 07/25/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Genghis Tron did it best.
keep forgetting about them.. Shit was dope.
12:36 AM on 07/26/13
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
Users on this site who are musicians themselves that approve of this band or genre blow my mind.

How can someone who plays or writes their own music approve of a band that simply doesn't play their instruments, and depends on gimmicky-computer-created-trends? It seems borderline unjust to me, and I am certainly a fan of talented and well-crafted electronic music.
They don't know anything about integrity within their music.
12:36 AM on 07/26/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Oh, that website hurt my eyes.
03:20 AM on 07/26/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Here's a good, uhm, ehm band.

YES ! thank you
Options