|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
It's an acronym for Fascinating Animals Impersonating Men. That's pretty punk. Or something.
2. How did this band get started?
Out of a semi-mutual passion to abandon the small-town lifestyle we were brought up in. We found a drummer then hauled ass to the "big smoke". Ironically, we were faced with bogans and rednecks yet again! But at least we still have things to write songs about.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bad Religion aaand.... that's about it. Bad Religion.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Bad Religion easily. Then The Matches (RIP), we could talk punk and drink beers and no one would get hurt.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
If you can eat food between beers, you're doing it wrong.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I feel we are bringing a sense of song-writing and melody back to punk rock. It's something that has been severely lacking since 17-yr olds learned how to scream like a creature out of Lord of the Rings.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Iggy Pop, that guy's a fucking athlete.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Carl Barron, Shaun Micallef and Jerry Seinfeld.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think it's pretty sorted, we keep out of each other's way for the most part. But if 'punk rock' comes into fashion again and I see Nicky Minaj or some other equally exploited meat-sack wearing an Adolescents shirt, shit will hit the fan.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Doing lines behind a curtain, off some stairs, at a warehouse show in Sydney, Australia, then going to the bush for a piss but shitting my pants standing up instead.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Keeping all the kids in the loop with all the happenings!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
FAIM - That Secret Man
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Back to Sydney, Australia. Good drugs.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Presidents of the United States of America. Undeniable song-writing legends.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Just some beers and a lot of stretches. Yep, it's a hard life but someones gutta do it!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are actually The Decline, we wear masks of other people's faces. Think about it, have you ever seen us play together?
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
In Australia, Triple J is our big independent FM radio station, and while they've helped so many amazing bands get to bigger places, they still have a tendency to succumb to whatever's trending at the time. But Stu Harvey (Short.Fast.Loud) will always have our collective backs.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write answers to Q&A's
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
If you invite FAIM to your party, we can magically make your beers simply disappear!
10:26 AM on 07/29/13
might look into these guys.
More From This Author