Username
Password
Underoath News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 68.
09:58 PM on 07/26/13
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
AOD was terrible, but I kinda enjoyed COTP in the right mood. I might get that one for old times' sake.
10:04 PM on 07/26/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Label must really need money
10:06 PM on 07/26/13
toby_newsboys
Are we all lost like you?
User Info.
tooth and nail and solid state milking more money out of the bands from their glory days
11:01 PM on 07/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
you kinda expect some level of preachy crap with underoath, but these two albums were unbearable.

also, I've never seen them referred to as EPs....
12:37 AM on 07/27/13
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you kinda expect some level of preachy crap with underoath, but these two albums were unbearable.

also, I've never seen them referred to as EPs....
Thematically Act of Depression dealt with the hatred of horrific acts such as rape, murder, and suicide. Cries of The Past dealt a lot with love, loss, and death.

They're both as preachy as any other Underoath album. What would you expect? It's a Christian metal band comprised only of devout Christian band members as it always was. Look at Disambiguation, it's like a testament to Spencer's recovery from various afflictions like his drug problem, and how his faith helped to guide him.

I could see it if you didn't like the execution of these two releases, but keep in mind their ages at the time. Pretty sure Aaron was 16. Dallas was 19. Not sure about Octavio or Corey Steger. It's no surprise the lyrical content wasn't as well executed as on later releases. The musicianship on these albums is totally remarkable, given their age and experience.

To say it's unbearable because of a level of preachy lyrical content not found on their other albums is a stretch. Act of Depression has two songs that give you an argument, Burden In Your Hand and Spirit of The Living God are awfully preachy. Set them aside and both albums are a black metal version of normal Underoath material in my opinion.
06:16 AM on 07/27/13
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still have the original pressings of these in shrink wrap (and a COTP hoodie). This is the era when I got into them. Local band, and you could see the attention growing on the later COTP cycle. Then they got on t&n/SS, the changing of times dropped, and it just went crazy from there.
06:25 AM on 07/27/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
I like the cover on Act of Depression.
06:48 AM on 07/27/13
theredline
Brian Gallows
User Info.
In that case, I love the EP's put out by Deafheaven and Palms this year.

Are you really one of those people? The people who make these posts aren't stupid. Seven songs is not a full album and five, definitely not. It's pretty common knowledge
08:06 AM on 07/27/13
justlikehoney
that's why you always leave a note.
User Info.
Seven songs is not a full album and five, definitely not. It's pretty common knowledge

'The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place' by Explosions in the Sky has five songs. Godspeed You! Black Emperor's 'Lift Your Skinny Fists...' has four - and it's a double album.
08:29 AM on 07/27/13
Quijiba
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Christ Dudley was on Cries of the Past.
he most certainly was, my mistake. Was thinking of original members
08:32 AM on 07/27/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Thematically Act of Depression dealt with the hatred of horrific acts such as rape, murder, and suicide. Cries of The Past dealt a lot with love, loss, and death.

They're both as preachy as any other Underoath album. What would you expect? It's a Christian metal band comprised only of devout Christian band members as it always was. Look at Disambiguation, it's like a testament to Spencer's recovery from various afflictions like his drug problem, and how his faith helped to guide him.

I could see it if you didn't like the execution of these two releases, but keep in mind their ages at the time. Pretty sure Aaron was 16. Dallas was 19. Not sure about Octavio or Corey Steger. It's no surprise the lyrical content wasn't as well executed as on later releases. The musicianship on these albums is totally remarkable, given their age and experience.

To say it's unbearable because of a level of preachy lyrical content not found on their other albums is a stretch. Act of Depression has two songs that give you an argument, Burden In Your Hand and Spirit of The Living God are awfully preachy. Set them aside and both albums are a black metal version of normal Underoath material in my opinion.
I'm not even sure what you're arguing. My post acknowledged that religious themes are present in most their music. I'm even a fan of many of their albums.

I don't enjoy these albums. That's all. The lyrics in several tracks read like a Michelle Bachmann speech, and I find that absolutely cringeworthy. I don't find anything of value in lyrics like that. I didn't say you couldn't enjoy them, or that anyone else is bad for listening to it. I find the albums to be unbearable, just as you probably find ones by other artists to be.
09:14 AM on 07/27/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
tl;dr version of the argument above: Underoath's first two records are like every For Today album
09:15 AM on 07/27/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Are you really one of those people? The people who make these posts aren't stupid. Seven songs is not a full album and five, definitely not. It's pretty common knowledge
Frances the Mute - five songs. Is that an EP?
09:42 AM on 07/27/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick contains one song. It is an album.
09:50 AM on 07/27/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
tl;dr version of the argument above: Underoath's first two records are like every For Today album
Exactly.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News