Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 68 of 68
07:22 PM on 07/27/13
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let me quote a lyric directly "You should of thought about the baby before you had sex, because you have destroyed a gift from God"

And I used to wonder why people strongly disliked Underoath.
That is one of the songs I pointed out to that baby OctoberOrigins. One instance where he is dead on saying that they were preachy. That song you quoted is Burden In Your Hand and there's also Spirit of a Living God. Those songs are terrible and very presumptuous of the listener, big reason why AOD is much weaker. Plus the fact that Chris Dudley wasn't kicking ass on the synth.

Besides those two the rest of the album is not even close to being that...opinionated...remember these guys were pretty much kids at the time. That doesn't excuse it, just may explain the level of bigoted immaturity.
07:26 PM on 07/27/13
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Here is the whole song for those curious.....

Confusing and scared there is a decision made with this choice a child has to pay
She puts it's life in her hands, and then she destroys it's only chance to become someone in life
You should of thought aboutthe baby before you had sex, because you have destroyed a gift from God
You kill, you destroyed
Never will this baby be able to grow up or show it's love
You'll never hear it say I love you, I love you
God does not give you the privilege to carry a child for nothing
When you kill, you destroy that child's dreams and hopes
How innocent a baby is... how can you put it to death?
What if you were aborted... you could of never had life <-This Lyric makes me cringe/laugh
And now you make a choice to take this child's life because it is a burden in you hands
A burden in your hands
Destroyed out of convenience
They put an end to you life because you're too big a burden and one that they can not have
So they take your life before your first breath
When will it stop, the killings continue
Babies die everyday because of a pro choice made
Helpless and innocent they are put to death
Then why did the parents choose to plant a seed and then destroy it?
Pray for the people who are killing the kids of tomorrow
How desperately they need Jesus Christ in there hearts
So they take your life because your a burden in their hands
Destroyed our of convenience
They put a end to you life because you're too big a burden and one that they can not have
So they take your life before your first breath,
so they take your life before your first breath
08:22 PM on 07/27/13
theredline
Brian Gallows
User Info.
According to some sources it actually doesn't matter the length of time or number of tracks....

"Beginning in the 1980s, many so-called "singles" have been sold in formats with more than two tracks. Because of this, the definition of an EP is not determined only by the number of tracks or the playing time; an EP is typically seen as four (or more) tracks of equal importance, as opposed to a four-track single with an obvious A-side and three B-sides."

Still no hard definition. But to me, no matter how long if its four or five, maybe even six or seven songs, that's an EP. And that's generally how I've seen it defined.
09:04 PM on 07/27/13
Tomfiend
fouronefourone
User Info.
According to some sources it actually doesn't matter the length of time or number of tracks....

"Beginning in the 1980s, many so-called "singles" have been sold in formats with more than two tracks. Because of this, the definition of an EP is not determined only by the number of tracks or the playing time; an EP is typically seen as four (or more) tracks of equal importance, as opposed to a four-track single with an obvious A-side and three B-sides."

Still no hard definition. But to me, no matter how long if its four or five, maybe even six or seven songs, that's an EP. And that's generally how I've seen it defined.
That quote is irrelevant as it is discussing the difference between a single and an EP. At that end of the spectrum, it is determined by the importance of the songs as stated. However, when determining the difference between EP and LP it is based upon run-time.
09:41 PM on 07/27/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Let me quote a lyric directly "You should of thought about the baby before you had sex, because you have destroyed a gift from God"

And I used to wonder why people strongly disliked Underoath.

Dude, I'm so glad I didn't read those before hearing everything post-TOCS. Would've severely turned me off and probably made me not want to give them a chance. That shit is beyond annoying. Seriously.
01:58 PM on 07/28/13
Roton7
so i herd u liek roton7??
User Info.
This fucking thread
09:34 PM on 07/28/13
OldJersey
I respect women
User Info.
This was some dark dark dark shit mang.
02:20 AM on 07/29/13
Gumbyjag