Threw a load of names into a hat and this just so happened to be the one we
ended up with. We used to be called "use once and destroy" but didn't like
the drug/hole reference in there!
2. How did this band get started?
We met each other in a sleazy Vegas strip club, got talking and realised we
had a similar taste in music. Nah, not really, we're brothers. Basically we
started through a mutual love of the same kind of music and gradually
progressed to wiritng our own stuff together.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Interesting bands. The likes of Reuben, Biffy Clyro, Hundred Reasons, Vex
Red and Silverchair. Bands who aren't afraid to expriment with their sound
and who don't churn out the same shit for every album year after year.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and
Definitely Reuben, they seemed like fun to tour with. And Foo Fighters. Dave
Grohl is a living legend and we know we'd have a laugh, and of course
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Probably something wholesome that would sustain you. Pasta or something, Go
Ahead! bars and pasties.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because they'd be surprised with the diversity of our music. We're not your
typical generic rock band and we have a lot to offer, something for
everyone. We're like a massive onion really. We don't smell as bad as an
onion but we have a lot of layers and might ocassionally make you cry.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Mo Farah repping the brits.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our mum, dad, our supporters and maybe ourselves.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We'd change the hold that the top 40 (for the most part) seems to have over
the industry. It makes it nearly impossible for hard working musicians and
bands to make any real kind of impact. It's not all bad, but it'd be nice to
hear some more full bands playing real instruments in there.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We'll let you know once we've actually been on tour!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great place to keep up to date and find out about new music from
around the world. And we're damn happy to be a part of it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
It's between 'Worth The Wait' and 'If This Is A Joke Then I'm Not Laughing'.
One's a soaring, catchy pop rocky type number with a few little treats in
there, the other is a mind melting rhythm with some sweet heavy riffs and a
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Barmouth or Rhyl. Nice memories from our childhood.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Michael Jackson, Gary Numan, The Smiths and REM bring back fond memories.
They always used to be playing in our Dad's car and even hearing them now
takes you back to that time. Nostalgia is a great thing.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Dan - Super strength so I can carry every guitar, amp and cabinet in one
Con - I'd have the ability to run at a ridiculous speed and have Dan on a pair of skis behind me, carrying all our gear.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
A group hug and a decent pep talk between us is always a good thing. And a
few Red Bull and vodkas.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Everything you hear on the current mini album was done by just the two of
us. We didn't find the other members until after recording was finished.
Originally everything was instrumental and we had no intention of putting
vocals on the tracks ourselves, but push came to shove and we had to man up
and do it. We felt like the songs were too good to leave sat there festering
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's
a place where your band could flourish?
We feel like we have a lot of "radio friendly" material in the traditional
sense, but also there are a lot of DJ's and shows who would probably
appreciate the more unusual side of our music.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Of course music takes up a lot of time, but also occupying us is bikes,
drugs, guns, fast cars and easy women. Nah we like the simple things really,
watching a good film, having a few beers, listening to music and general
laziness when we have free time.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Dan has some mad drawing skills. Conor can cook up a storm in the kitchen.