AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 63
09:11 AM on 07/30/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Odd that there's no pre-order link. Two huge opportunities for a slew of sales, both missed. Unless they launch it in a few hours
09:13 AM on 07/30/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Odd that there's no pre-order link. Two huge opportunities for a slew of sales, both missed. Unless they launch it in a few hours
this is going to sell out very quickly whenever they announce it. They announced the pre-order randomly last time for Parting and it crashed Deathwish's site.
09:15 AM on 07/30/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.

It'll sell regardless. Probably waiting for an odd time so people don't flood/F5 the server. Pretty sure Tre said it isn't going up today.
09:29 AM on 07/30/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
09:36 AM on 07/30/13
loveisamixtape
Observer
User Info.
album is gonna rule
09:54 AM on 07/30/13
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
snoochie boochies!
10:13 AM on 07/30/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
this is going to sell out very quickly whenever they announce it. They announced the pre-order randomly last time for Parting and it crashed Deathwish's site.
I disagree. They're not only going to press 2K and have it sell out. They'll press 7k-10k like B&C, and it won't sell out in a day or in a month, most likely.
10:14 AM on 07/30/13
Fool
User Info.
I hope they press more this time. I don't wanna miss out. Song sounds great. Not a huge fan of the way it starts but that's fine.
10:15 AM on 07/30/13
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
It's so odd that this and Balance & Composure are getting coverage on Pitchfork. Not in a bad way at all, it's actually rather exciting.

And from not really enjoying Touche Amore, I have to say this is a much better sound than anything I've heard from them.
10:32 AM on 07/30/13
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
There really isn't anything surprising at all about Ian Cohen liking Balance and Composure and Touche Amore

http://peopleslist.pitchfork.com/list/7d4ab1db/

His taste aligns with this site pretty well (Clarity and The Devil and God!!!11!1!!)
10:33 AM on 07/30/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
It's so odd that this and Balance & Composure are getting coverage on Pitchfork. Not in a bad way at all, it's actually rather exciting.

And from not really enjoying Touche Amore, I have to say this is a much better sound than anything I've heard from them.
pitchfork extensively covers a lot of deathwish bands, this isn't that surprising
10:36 AM on 07/30/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I disagree. They're not only going to press 2K and have it sell out. They'll press 7k-10k like B&C, and it won't sell out in a day or in a month, most likely.
I should be clear when I say the deluxe edition of this and the most limited variant will sell out in a day or two. So my mistake, I didn't mean to imply the entire first pressing would sell out in a day or two.

Parting The Sea had a first pressing of about 4000 (not including the 100 friends and family press) and the deluxe and the two rarest colors sold out in about 2 days or so (the deluxe edition of 961 sold out in less than a day once the servers went back up). I think the deluxe edition this time around will be around 2000 pressed but I'd be surprised if that doesn't sell out in less than a week.

Also Deathwish like to put up pre-orders now once they have the record in hand and can give the purchaser a complete immediate download of the record, so that's another reason why they hold off on pre-orders. The pre-order for the last Converge album sucked because of all the factory delays and I think Deathwish learned from that.

Deathwish did an initial pressing of 5000 for the new Deafheaven and that sold out in less than a month and Touché Amoré is definitely more popular than that band was at the time of the Deafheaven pre-order.
10:53 AM on 07/30/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
my bad... i meant to quote the guy that posted the youtube link, but my internet connection sucks it seems.. hahaha, but the song is really good.

haha, no worries - I didn't post the YouTube link because it's a premiere on Pitchfork, and even though we CAN post the link, it's kinda better practice to give them credit - we have the same issue on a regular basis here. Just trying to be friendly in the space.
10:54 AM on 07/30/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
I really like this song. I am very excited for the full length release.
10:55 AM on 07/30/13
Dctromotola
No
User Info.
Need more of those last 20 seconds. so good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos