Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
01:06 PM on 07/30/13
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Press Release
Dayton, OH - July 30, 2013- Dangerkids, the American rock band comprised of Tyler Smyth, Andy Bane, Jake Bryant, Jake Bonham, and Katie Cole, is pleased to announce the release of their debut album, Collapse, which will be available via Rise Records on September 17th, 2013. The band has also premiered a lyric video for their first single, "Hostage" via the Rise Records YouTube page. To hear the new track and view pre-order bundles, please visit: dangerkids.merchnow.com.

Having only formed in April 2012, the Ohio based rockers were named one of Under The Gun's Top 5 Artists To Watch in 2013 - "Their slick, high-gloss approach to marketing and music production sets a new standard for independent artists." Dangerkids have toured under Sleeping With Sirens, Attack Attack and played the 2013 Skate and Surf festival in Jackson, NJ.

The album, which was self-produced and engineered by frontman Tyler Smyth, was mixed by Joey Sturgis (Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, Of Mice & Men, Miss May I). When asked about creating Collapse, Smyth stated, "Producing and recording the album ourselves allowed us the rare opportunity to draw our own lines, both lyrically and sonically. We were able to create a level of sincerity in our music that we might not have been able to achieve otherwise. Everyone in this band gave a piece of themselves to make this record happen, so we felt we owed it to each other to give nothing less than our best."

The record also recalls some of Smyth's more difficult times. "Collapse is a somewhat unstable album because it comes from such an unstable time in my life. It's heartfelt and genuine in a way I can't explain - It's like it hurts and heals at the same time."

Dangerkids will release Collapse via Rise Records on September 17th.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS