AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Motion City Soundtrack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Motion City Soundtrack
Inside AP.net

Motion City Soundtrack Planning to Release New LP in...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/30/13)
In a recent interview with PropertyOfZack, Joshua Cain of Motion City Soundtrack mentioned that the band is planning on releasing a new record in 2014.
Realistically, there’s no way that the full album could come out before next year. I don’t think that’s possible. I would love it to — maybe it will. But I feel like 2014 is a much safer bet for a new album. We may release some songs prior to that, and you might know about it, but it takes time to set up a record. These days, maybe we’d record a record and release it right after we were done and not have any set up, because I don’t know how to do these things anymore. It all changes so much every day.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46
02:38 PM on 07/30/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
A record that's the complete opposite of Go? Yes please!
02:46 PM on 07/30/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
A mix of IATM, CTTM, and MDL sounds like perfection to me.
02:59 PM on 07/30/13
Youarcade
User Info.
I'm pumped, all of they're albums rule. Even GO.
03:08 PM on 07/30/13
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
Already excited! Love MCS to death.
03:19 PM on 07/30/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Hoping for a great, varied release. They've yet to make a bad album though so I'm pretty excited.

Reading through though I hope they don't just try and make the whole record fast and aggressive. CTTM was so great because of its variety and the best song on there was a slow jam at the end.
03:23 PM on 07/30/13
Mochem
User Info.
Go and (especially) MDL didn't have much staying power with me, so I'm excited to hear some more aggressive stuff from the band and how Claudio effects things.
03:26 PM on 07/30/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Also I kind of hope they put Inside Out out as a Warped single or something since I don't think its really good enough to go on an album.
03:28 PM on 07/30/13
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Go! was a solid album, I didn't necessarily like the majority of it but it was an album I could see why people liked it, that being said Bad Idea and Happy Anniversary are some of my fav MCS songs. I'm really hopeful for the new album and keeping my fingers crossed that Claudio brings a lot of creative drumming to the table, it was missing from the past 2 MCS records for the most part.
03:48 PM on 07/30/13
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
I'm probably in the minority here but I actually liked Go. It will interesting to see how this new one turns out.
04:02 PM on 07/30/13
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Played a new song called "Inside Out" at warped today. It wa pretty awesome.
04:10 PM on 07/30/13
TheGrimSleeper
...was a real boy
User Info.
I love these guys so much. I didn't think GO was to their standards, but in comparison to other stuff it was still pretty great. Thought Son of a Gun was amazing. Though My Dinosaur Life, Commit This to Memory and Even If It Kills Me all feel like this beautiful three headed beast. Love those three. Like IATM as well, but eh.
04:35 PM on 07/30/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I can't tell if they've agreed to themselves that Go was a stumble, or if they truly love it.
04:37 PM on 07/30/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I can't tell if they've agreed to themselves that Go was a stumble, or if they truly love it.
Seems like they're still pretty big fans of it, just realise its not exactly the right album to be promoting on Warped.

The only record I've ever seen them talk negatively about is MDL and even then it wasn't much.
04:46 PM on 07/30/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Probably the most criminally under-rated band of this generation.

Hope the next one is another knockout.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News