Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Stream New Weeknd Song

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/30/13)
You can stream a new The Weeknd song titled "Love In The Sky" in the replies. It's off his upcoming album, Kiss Land, which hits stores on September 10th.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:28 PM on 07/30/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
01:51 AM on 07/31/13
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
This sounds good. I've really liked every track he's released so far from Kiss Land, so I'm guessing that this album might just end up being one of my favourites this year.
06:07 AM on 07/31/13
PTVsnewO
hi
User Info.
this is going to be aoty
06:10 AM on 07/31/13
Ryan Dennehy
honestly impressed at how bad all of these songs have been
06:37 AM on 07/31/13
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
not hating....but been really underwhelmed with the songs from this LP so far
06:46 AM on 07/31/13
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
What's bad about them? They're not crazily different from what he was doing on his mixtapes.
06:56 AM on 07/31/13
Ryan Dennehy
What's bad about them? They're not crazily different from what he was doing on his mixtapes.
That's part of the problem. Hitting the same tone, the same lyrical ideas, over and over is pointless. He put out over two hours of this in a year - he should be moving on. The production on "kiss Land" is basically ruined because he took a great beat (used by main attraktionz on "nothing gonna change," check it out) and added useless, compromising drums and basically killed the beat. The lyrics are becoming more laughable with each passing song, almost as if he's diving into a self-parody of what made the first three mixtapes so compelling.

I'd also argue those mixtapes have already begun to fade, especially in the rereleased form of Trilogy. They're good, but I haven't listened tot them in over six months and I don't really feel a need to.
07:23 AM on 07/31/13
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
I was a huge fan of the trilogy - absolutely loved all three of them. But I agree completely with Ryan. The production is just stale, the vocal melodies are the same thing we've already heard and overall it just feel really boring and half-hearted. The lyrics are definitely getting worse and worse as well. I'm not excited for this at all. I'll still listen to it and give it a fair chance, but my expectations are as low as they could possibly be. I do hope to be surprised though.
08:31 AM on 07/31/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
This and your explanation...exactly how I feel. It's so unfortunate that I feel like he peaked with HOB and Thursday, but these lyrics are just him doing his emotional club-goer/womanizer schtick now over beats that I've already forgotten before I've even finished the song. I'm still going to give Kiss Land a try, but I never expected to be so tentative about an artist that put out some of the best mixtapes I've heard in the past few years.
09:25 AM on 07/31/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i fuckin love it... but if it was on my itunes with all his other songs i wouldnt know which song is which
06:42 AM on 08/01/13
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Content wise, they're not that different, but even his execution of his subject matter has gone down in every KL track so far. His production's less memorable since he bailed on the guys who produced the mixtapes, his lyrical ideas feel rehashed, and even his voice sounds less unique and more like he's just trying to channel MJ. Disappointed so far.
03:34 PM on 08/27/13
Branson28
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Content wise, they're not that different, but even his execution of his subject matter has gone down in every KL track so far. His production's less memorable since he bailed on the guys who produced the mixtapes, his lyrical ideas feel rehashed, and even his voice sounds less unique and more like he's just trying to channel MJ. Disappointed so far.
Uh, hey, I don't know how well you keep up with The Weeknd, but he's still with the same producers who did the first three mixtapes my *****. Just a news flash haha. Granted the song "Kiss Land" was produced by a different producer.
03:28 AM on 08/31/13
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Uh, hey, I don't know how well you keep up with The Weeknd, but he's still with the same producers who did the first three mixtapes my *****. Just a news flash haha. Granted the song "Kiss Land" was produced by a different producer.
Actually, tweets from Doc and Ill have pretty much all but confirmed they didn't touch anything on the album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests