Username
Password
Death News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Death
Inside AP.net

Remembering Tony Sly

Posted by: Jason Tate (07/31/13)
Tony Sly passed away one year ago today. Fat Wreck Chords has posted a memorial message.
One year ago today, on July 31, 2012, we lost a true original, Tony Sly. While we continue to mourn Tony our friend, we also celebrate Tony the artist through his songs. On October 29th, we will officially release The Songs of Tony Sly: A Tribute. we can't express how much it means to us and Tony's family that each of the artists and bands on this album took the time and effort to contribute such meaningful and interesting interpretations of Tony's songs. All proceeds from this compilation will go to the Tony Sly Memorial Fund.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20.
11:00 AM on 07/31/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
With the line up it's going to be hard not to buy it. R.I.P. Tony.
11:05 AM on 07/31/13
Jake Gyllenhaal
There was a fish in the percolator
User Info.
Was a cause of death ever disclosed or does his family want to make that private?
11:05 AM on 07/31/13
mrzippo3
User Info.
Miss you I hope you're doing well
11:53 AM on 07/31/13
Creo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your death still makes me sad. NUFAN was the band I saw the most in concert. Must have seen you over 20 times since 98. You were a part of my life and when I found out you passed I literally flipped. Even talked with you a few times at concerts, and your brother (who literally looks just like you). I don't know what happens when we die but I hope I can share a pint with you when it is my turn. You made my life happy with your lyrics.
12:02 PM on 07/31/13
grimis16
User Info.
RIP. I still listen to his music constantly
12:15 PM on 07/31/13
skatespeech
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still have his setlist from his show at the Ruby Room in San Diego four months before he died. He was a super cool and nice guy and I'm thankful every day I got to drink a pint and talk music with him however brief the encounter was.
12:15 PM on 07/31/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
International You Day. RIP Tony. Tearing up all over again.
12:23 PM on 07/31/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Was a cause of death ever disclosed or does his family want to make that private?

I've already said this a few times, but I'm pretty sure the answer lies in this ABSOLUTExclusive interview that a lot of people seem to have missed. Especially since his family did disclose that he died peacefully in his sleep.
12:26 PM on 07/31/13
T-Lloyd
User Info.
It still gets me most days, can't believe he's gone! I guess we can be thankful that he managed to leave us with so much great music! RIP
12:42 PM on 07/31/13
Sickr
User Info.
The bands contributing on this tribute album are stellar.
01:34 PM on 07/31/13
tuxiboy
Polarbear
User Info.
Good to see so many great bands contributing on the CD.
02:25 PM on 07/31/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
03:40 PM on 07/31/13
orangehorizon
User Info.
Your death still makes me sad. NUFAN was the band I saw the most in concert. Must have seen you over 20 times since 98. You were a part of my life and when I found out you passed I literally flipped. Even talked with you a few times at concerts, and your brother (who literally looks just like you). I don't know what happens when we die but I hope I can share a pint with you when it is my turn. You made my life happy with your lyrics.
This so much. Even here in Europe, they toured at least once a year. Still cant believe he's gone :(
06:53 PM on 07/31/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
R.I.P Tony, glad I got to see the last solo and No use shows here in Calgary. One the note of the tribute record, there are a lot of great bands, only glaring missing band was Pulley. Don't get what new school FAT bands like American Steel, Teenage BottleRocket and Old Man Markley have to do with No use however.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS