AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Dave Matthews Band Working on New Stuff

Posted by - 09:38 AM on 06/10/08
Dave Matthews Band are working on a new album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68
09:39 AM on 06/10/08
jgareth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ew
09:41 AM on 06/10/08
aaron401
please come dive in puddles with me
User Info.
college kids are pumped.
09:56 AM on 06/10/08
Awesome_Danny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
..does this mean no more cameos in Adam Sandler movies?
10:04 AM on 06/10/08
morgz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is great news for the entire population of florida state university. they should be thrilled.
10:05 AM on 06/10/08
latessagata
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i know it's cool and all in the scene not to like DMB (or any other kind of music negatively associated with college kids or fraternities), but you're high off your ass if you can't recognize dave as an outstanding songwriter and even better entertainer. i find it hard to believe that someone can listen to his entire discography objectively and say "ew" at the news of a forthcoming album

so maybe you were just responding in a way you thought would be most accepted. in that case, learn to think for yourself
10:09 AM on 06/10/08
A78
eh.
User Info.
my dad is going to be psyched.
10:10 AM on 06/10/08
studio-nine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
college kids are pumped.

i second that
10:13 AM on 06/10/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
this is great news for the entire population of florida state university. they should be thrilled.
:-D

10:14 AM on 06/10/08
xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
i dont care what you guys think dmb puts on one of the best live shows imo.
10:14 AM on 06/10/08
BalancingacT
...ladies
User Info.
I call for a celebration as exciting as this band is.
10:25 AM on 06/10/08
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
I only really liked UTTAD and Crash
10:27 AM on 06/10/08
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
i know it's cool and all in the scene not to like DMB (or any other kind of music negatively associated with college kids or fraternities), but you're high off your ass if you can't recognize dave as an outstanding songwriter and even better entertainer. i find it hard to believe that someone can listen to his entire discography objectively and say "ew" at the news of a forthcoming album

so maybe you were just responding in a way you thought would be most accepted. in that case, learn to think for yourself

Couldn't have said it better myself. As musicians, they run circles around what most kids listen to nowadays. I know that's not all that matters in song-writing, but it sure doesn't hurt, and I'm always willing to listen to anything they write.

Carter Beauford is still one of the greatest drummers of our time.
10:36 AM on 06/10/08
GiggsOho
Guns don't kill, Cedric & Omar do
User Info.

I don't care if it's cool or not, I'll listen to DMB and OAR any time (the two bands everyone seems to think leads the "frat rock" music scene), and don't care what kind of cred it builds/kills. It's good music.
10:38 AM on 06/10/08
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
Awesome news. I'm so fucking pissed that my new job didn't let me go with my friends to see them last week in Camden. I used to think they sucked (mainly because my freshman roommate would play the same Dave DVD every night when he came back drunk) but I've really come to truly enjoy them, and seeing their concert last summer was amazing. People need to lighten up, chill out, and stop hating on DMB here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos