AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Acoustic News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Tides Of Man Acoustic Song

Posted by - 01:36 PM on 08/03/13
Watch Tides Of Man perform an acoustic version of a new song entitled "Seven" in the replies. Seven days left on their IndieGoGo campaign.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
01:37 PM on 08/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
03:31 PM on 08/03/13
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
Jack, I really appreciate you trying to give ToM so much support toward reaching their goal! :D
04:31 PM on 08/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jack, I really appreciate you trying to give ToM so much support toward reaching their goal! :D
Haha, I think I'm getting a reputation for how hard I push bands I enjoy. I'm ok with that reputation.
09:07 PM on 08/03/13
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Look at the post total for this thread. It will tell you everything you need to know about the relevancy of this band post-Tilian.
09:22 PM on 08/03/13
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
I really hope this happens. Sounds so good!
09:55 PM on 08/03/13
leftapart
User Info.
Oh wow, this is so lovely. I loved Tillian era of this band, but I feel like I'm going to fall in love with this sooo much more. Really, realllllyyyy looking forward to this new album.
10:47 PM on 08/03/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Look at the post total for this thread. It will tell you everything you need to know about the relevancy of this band post-Tilian.
Sadly.
02:13 AM on 08/04/13
SlyZ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds like any other post rock band :/
04:02 AM on 08/04/13
Rabablable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This would sound super sick with Tilian singing over it, too bad
05:24 AM on 08/04/13
sordanj
Philadelphia, PA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
no vocals no care
07:14 AM on 08/04/13
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
Sounds very chill. Reminds me of Cloudkickers' acoustic material.
07:19 AM on 08/04/13
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.

Except not really. When Tilian was in this band, news threads about ToM never cracked 50 replies (and the one about him leaving sits at just 63). When they released a new song last month, that thread got 51 replies.

As for this incarnation of Tides, they have a solid amount of carry-over fans, but their new instrumental songs appeal to a different type of audience. For a website that primarily covers music with heavy focus on lyrics, of course a band that was never big previously isn't going to seem relevant without vocals now. Going instrumental and changing their sound may actually prove more successful for them than ever; the television and motion picture industries could find a lot of use in new Tides of Man music.

If you don't enjoy the band sans Tilian, that's fine. I understand their current direction isn't everyone's cup of tea. There's no need to drag their threads down, though.
07:22 AM on 08/04/13
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Except not really. When Tilian was in this band, news threads about ToM never cracked 50 replies (and the one about him leaving sits at just 63). When they released a new song last month, that thread got 51 replies.

As for this incarnation of Tides, they have a solid amount of carry-over fans, but their current instrumental songs appeal to a different type of audience. For a website that primarily covers music with heavy focus on lyrics, of course a band that was never big previously isn't going to seem relevant without vocals now. Going instrumental and changing their sound may actually prove more successful for them than ever; the television and motion picture industries could find a lot of use in new Tides of Man music.

If you don't enjoy the band sans Tilian, that's fine. I understand their present direction isn't everyone's cup of tea. There's no need to drag their threads down, though.

You had me until that last paragraph, hombre.
07:24 AM on 08/04/13
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
You had me until that last paragraph, hombre.
The last paragraph doesn't negate the first two, so you still have those.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos