10:49 AM on 08/04/13
Industry News and Rumors:
1) Lindsay Lohan may be in Ben Affleck's Live By Night. Update: this is false.
2) Captain Phillips will open New York Film Festival.
3) Here's a link to all the theaters (so far) who are showing the entire Cornetto Trilogy on August 22nd.
4) Spike Lee's Oldboy has been moved to November.
5) Nicolas Cage is going to star in Paul Schrader's next film.
6) Brie Larson will not be returning for 22 Jump Street.
7) Check out a new poster for Thor: The Dark World.
8) David Yates in talks for a Scarface remake.
9) Here are some updates concerning Avatar sequels.
10) Paradise, Diablo Cody's directorial debut, will premiere on DirecTV on August 8th.
11) Take a look at a full-sized Sentinel from X-Men: Days of Future Past.
12) Ellen DeGeneres will host the Oscars next year.
13) Samuel L. Jackson will play the villain in Matthew Vaughn's next film.
14) Check out a couple of clips from Prince Avalanche.
15) Pre-production has begun on the fifth Bourne movie.
1) Jody Hill and Danny McBride plan to continue to work with HBO after the final season of Eastbound and Down.
2) Here is a teaser trailer for the third season of Homeland.
3) Here is some early buzz and most importantly, another (absolutely amazing) teaser trailer for the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad.
4) There is a possibility that a spinoff based on the series Dexter could happen.
5) Sad news concerning two main characters on Parks and Recreation.
6) Billy Bob Thornton will play one of the lead roles in the upcoming Fargo TV series.
7) Here is a trailer for the third season of Sherlock.
1) Insidious: Chapter 2 - http://www.slashfilm.com/insidious-c...into-the-past/
2) Bad Mile (red band) - http://www.slashfilm.com/bad-milo-re...-marinos-butt/
3) About Time - http://www.slashfilm.com/about-time-...rs-girlfriend/
4) American Hustle - http://www.slashfilm.com/american-hu...its-the-1970s/
5) Haunter - http://www.slashfilm.com/haunter-tra...use-of-murder/
6) Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa - http://www.slashfilm.com/jackass-pre...a-baron-cohen/
7) We're the Millers (red band) - http://www.slashfilm.com/were-the-mi...ypical-family/
8) All Is Lost - http://www.slashfilm.com/all-is-lost...-the-elements/
9) Machete Kills - http://www.slashfilm.com/machete-kil...y-bien-indeed/
Later on today this link will show your weekend box office numbers.
sources: indiewire.com, slashfilm.com, thefimstage.com. latino-review.com, collider.com, hollywoodreporter.com, deadline.com, comingsoon.net, variety.com, ew.com, mtv.com, bleedingcool.com, joblo.com, avclub.com, moviefone.com
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header. Thomas Balkcom
11:38 AM on 08/04/13
I really don't like the way the sentinels look.
12:04 PM on 08/04/13
Unless I'm crazy, the Bourne link is wrong. It's the same link as the previous news bit was.
12:38 PM on 08/04/13
Excited about a new Bourne movie, disappointed in the idea of a Scarface remake, but the one I love, is in itself a remake, so I really can't say anything. And Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones leaving Parks & Rec is sad.
12:44 PM on 08/04/13
Love the Sentinel
Edit: looking back, it's alright looking, I'm just excited for them being in the film!
And Insidious 2 looks crazy!
12:44 PM on 08/04/13
not really digging the look of the Sentinel...
really digging the glory that is Martin Freeman's 'stache.
03:58 PM on 08/04/13
Parks news is heartbreaking.
04:28 PM on 08/04/13
"Update: Sources close to the film reveal that Lindsay Lohan is not being considered and will not be cast in 'Live By Night.'"
04:46 PM on 08/04/13
diid not see that! Sorry this is built throughout the week and that was the first thing I added.
04:46 PM on 08/04/13
05:01 PM on 08/04/13
No problem, man. Sorry to be a nitpicking asshole, haha.
05:05 PM on 08/04/13
you're not being that at all!
06:29 PM on 08/04/13
Those Sentinals are attrocious and I think Bryan Singer is a terrible director. X-Men 1,2 and 3 were not good movies. I do, however, have high hopes for Days of Future Past.
06:44 PM on 08/04/13
You can't afford to live like this
The sentinels look like they were ripped straight out of Irobot, which I'm not a huge fan of.
Options Related News Stories