Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
03:25 PM on 08/05/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
would love for them to record this together. Make it into an acoustic/intimate version and release it with proceeds going to the cause
that would be awesome!
04:22 PM on 08/06/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
i think this guy is full of shit.....this is the corniest song ive ever heard and his rhymes are so weak.....its like "hey everyones becoming socially aware about gay rights these days, time to cash in on it with this shitty song"....i find it disrespectful to gay people to be honest.....tegan and sara on the other hand have been rallying for years and don't hit you over the head with the most forward, boring song ever
The first part is a criticism of his music. That's fine, it's an opinion.

However, to argue that he's trying to 'cash in' is an unfair accusation unless you have some damn evidence or something. He's been pretty vocal about his support for LGBT rights. And of course Tegan and Sara have been rallying for longer. They've had a decent following for much longer. Macklemore didn't have any success until 2012. "Same Love" isn't even his most successful single (nor the first for the album).

An don't argue that it's disrespectful to us in the LGBT community. You don't speak for us at all. At least Macklemore is using his position of influence to talk about these things, instead of making unwarranted claims on a message forum.
10:02 AM on 08/13/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I think something like this is a step towards.....progress for LGBT rights and advocacy. Yeah Macklemore maybe using his position of power and influence to gain some new fans...but I think it's at least a step forward.
I agree.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums