AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
04:16 PM on 08/05/13
guitaristgyal
User Info.
Really glad this happened. I'm slowly becoming a bigger Macklemore fan. It's nice to see someone of his popularity doing something like this.
I agree! It's about time mainstream music acknowledges this issue!
07:56 AM on 08/13/13
guitaristgyal
User Info.
The first part is a criticism of his music. That's fine, it's an opinion.

However, to argue that he's trying to 'cash in' is an unfair accusation unless you have some damn evidence or something. He's been pretty vocal about his support for LGBT rights. And of course Tegan and Sara have been rallying for longer. They've had a decent following for much longer. Macklemore didn't have any success until 2012. "Same Love" isn't even his most successful single (nor the first for the album).

An don't argue that it's disrespectful to us in the LGBT community. You don't speak for us at all. At least Macklemore is using his position of influence to talk about these things, instead of making unwarranted claims on a message forum.
I think something like this is a step towards.....progress for LGBT rights and advocacy. Yeah Macklemore maybe using his position of power and influence to gain some new fans...but I think it's at least a step forward.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos