AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 22 of 22.
05:29 PM on 08/13/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
wow it's not that bad. idk this band is terribly boring for the most part so it's whatever.
06:18 PM on 08/13/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
While certainly not one of the best releases this year, I wholeheartedly disagree with this review. It's a tad unfair, especially with the recurrence of the "silly" adjective. I guess I just don't see where you're coming from. To everyone prematurely dismissing this album because of this review, I'd say it's still definitely worth checking out.
Totally agree with this. Every single point.
06:37 PM on 08/13/13
Ryan Dennehy
Figured I'd get these reactions, especially once other reviews started rolling out and were primarily positive. I just found it pretty boring, and I think it hit a unique chord with me that it didn't with most people. I wasn't just bored - I was actively irritated by it, which I think was pretty apparent. I'll probably never listen to this record again.

I would hope other people still listen to form their own opinions.
06:08 AM on 08/14/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Figured I'd get these reactions, especially once other reviews started rolling out and were primarily positive. I just found it pretty boring, and I think it hit a unique chord with me that it didn't with most people. I wasn't just bored - I was actively irritated by it, which I think was pretty apparent. I'll probably never listen to this record again.

I would hope other people still listen to form their own opinions.
When you're this vitriolic and negative, it will turn people away, man. Bummer for Ernest. Hope people still flock to this record. But I applaud you for being honest and sticking to your guns.
08:29 AM on 08/14/13
Ryan Dennehy
Didn't even realize I used silly so many times/in such different ways. Ooops.
When you're this vitriolic and negative, it will turn people away, man. Bummer for Ernest. Hope people still flock to this record. But I applaud you for being honest and sticking to your guns.

Yeah, I think people will. For the most part, it seems that even if I'm not alone in disliking the record, few people really identify with the strong reaction it elicited from me. It's gotten enough positive coverage elsewhere that I don't think my opinion matters all that much in the scheme of things.
10:37 AM on 08/16/13
ItisNotMe
User Info.
Once I saw the scoring I knew that the review would suck balls
06:31 PM on 09/06/13
leftapart
User Info.
Holy hell man, you shit all over this album. I don't think you said one positive thing about it. Might as well have given it zeros across the board. You come across really angry in the review as well; just something I noticed. I agree with you that it is disappointing compared to his previous releases. I feel like he either tried too hard to change up his sound or rushed the album too quickly. I found it odd that he cleaned up the vocals a bit to allow an easier deciphering of them as well as posting up lyrics in the CD booklet. Maybe the record label had too much of an influence on the album and what they wanted Greene to do. While it certainly doesn't have the gems that WaW did, there are still a few very good songs and overall the record is enjoyable, just took me a few listens to really 'get it'.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums