AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Property of Zack News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

An Oral History of Run For Cover

Posted by - 03:02 PM on 08/13/13
PropertyOfZack have released a new feature (and new site) titled "Inside." In its inaugural edition, POZ goes inside Run For Cover Records.
My motivation for graduating college was pretty much solely to have time to get a handle on Run For Cover, and when I got my last semester of grades and knew I graduated, it was definitely one of the happiest and relieving moments of my life. It was like the worst thing in my life was immediately gone and I had complete freedom to dedicate all my time to exactly what I wanted to do, and most importantly I had a job day one after graduating. So many people in my classes graduated in 4 years with honors and couldnít find any work in a major city. I didnít have to deal with that stress, which I am very thankful for. Especially considering I didnít exactly excel in most of my classes.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
03:25 PM on 08/13/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Look, I know this is the internet and that this feature is actually 7,000 words. But if you like this label, bands on the label, and don't hate POZ, please read it. I've never been more proud of a feature.
03:27 PM on 08/13/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Look, I know this is the internet and that this feature is actually 7,000 words. But if you like this label, bands on the label, and don't hate POZ, please read it. I've never been more proud of a feature.
I started reading it ... then hated the bold text questions running into the answers and couldn't read it fast enough on my screen.

Sorry, I tried.
03:27 PM on 08/13/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I'm not really a fan of any of the bands on this label but this was still a great read.
03:44 PM on 08/13/13
KiDurango
Band
User Info.
Love the label... excited to read this... any chance you can post the cliff notes? Did a word search and found the word "Grunge" in the article twice... I think that's a record for this website.
03:50 PM on 08/13/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Love the label... excited to read this... any chance you can post the cliff notes? Did a word search and found the word "Grunge" in the article twice... I think that's a record for this website.
Hahahah, the last part made me laugh a lot. Can't really do a cliff notes. We focus on each part of the label's history, take a deep look into how the music industry has shifted as RFC as grown, the present, the future. There's everything you could ever want to know about the label in the piece.
03:59 PM on 08/13/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
This is pretty cool, I always like reading longer pieces like these.
04:00 PM on 08/13/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this is awesome
04:07 PM on 08/13/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think I'm going to print it out and read it. I miss long form stuff like this.
04:10 PM on 08/13/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
Great read. Run for Cover is my favorite label.
04:12 PM on 08/13/13
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
I think I'm going to print it out and read it. I miss long form stuff like this.

I told Zack it's like a pop-punk New Yorker interview, haha. At least in length, because the New Yorker is (in my mind) the pinnacle of long form stuff. I love this feature a lot.
04:16 PM on 08/13/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I dare you to do that
05:02 PM on 08/13/13
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
Jason mentioned it already, but the format is really terrible and might drive away a lot of potential readers. It was a cool article though.
05:22 PM on 08/13/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Jason mentioned it already, but the format is really terrible and might drive away a lot of potential readers. It was a cool article though.
This is how every POZ-based interview for 4 years has been published. I don't really understand the gripe with the format. Almost every interview on every website in the world is formatted this way, including AP.net.
05:49 PM on 08/13/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Really neat and insightful read.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT