Username
Password
Album Info. News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 87 of 87.
01:44 PM on 08/16/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Then your post is WAY off base. Kenny Chesney isn't even coming near 200,000 first week. Look up your facts.

This is about Cassadee Pope, winner of a reality singing competition which drew around 15 million viewers a night, not being able to sell because said reality show doesn't produce hits like Idol. Please log off and throw your computer out the window.
02:25 PM on 08/16/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Nah I haven't been reading about the things she says, because her career has absolutely nothing to do with me or anyone else. So there for wasting any energy on wishing failure upon her would not get me anywhere.
It doesn't affect me and I don't really care, just saying if it was in my hands she would fail. She's nothing more than an attention whore...

That reason is good enough.
04:37 PM on 08/16/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
This is about Cassadee Pope, winner of a reality singing competition which drew around 15 million viewers a night, not being able to sell because said reality show doesn't produce hits like Idol. Please log off and throw your computer out the window.

I mean, I get what you're saying. She was on a reality tv show and not only did she win, but she kinda won by a landslide. Her songs were consistently in the itunes top 10 during the show's run, if not number 1. People cared enough to buy her songs and get her all those extra votes while it was airing, but they don't care enough about her after the show. It's weird. I watch The Voice, and I admit that even if I root for someone all season, I don't really keep up with what they're doing after the show. She should be selling more than she probably will, ideally, but most people watch the Voice for the judges. I felt like they tried really hard last season and the one before to find someone more marketable to get them their hit singer, but it never seems to click. I think Cassadee has a chance if she releases a single that catches on with country fans, but eh, we'll see.
07:20 PM on 08/16/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
She obviously isn't gonna sell more than Chesney. These reality show singers should already have a good fanbase due to being on TV in front of millions of viewers every week. The ones on Idol always do well on the radio/sales. Every other program seem to have a fickle audience after the show ends.
You're really overestimating the success of the average Idol winner now.
08:06 PM on 08/16/13
TerrancePryor
User Info.
You're really overestimating the success of the average Idol winner now.

Most of them do well with their debut album. It's what happens afterwards that really shows the strength of their fanbase. A lot of them do tend to flop hard on the following album. The recent Idol winner didn't do so well with her single so I'm not expecting her to sell that much.
09:06 PM on 08/16/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. Do you really expect an up and coming artist to outsell all the biggest artists in the genre who are playing 100,000 person venues? No. It doesn't matter where the start came from.
10:00 PM on 08/16/13
TerrancePryor
User Info.
I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. Do you really expect an up and coming artist to outsell all the biggest artists in the genre who are playing 100,000 person venues? No. It doesn't matter where the start came from.

I was talking about Cassadee and you kept saying how Kenny Chesney doesn't sell near 200,000 first week. He actually does, genius. His new album was his lowest first week sales (150,000) since 1999. He always sells around 180,000 or more in the first week. His 2012 album sold 193,000 copies in the first week. Maybe you should take a class in understanding how numbers work.
10:23 PM on 08/16/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was talking about Cassadee and you kept saying how Kenny Chesney doesn't sell near 200,000 first week. He actually does, genius. His new album was his lowest first week sales (150,000) since 1999. He always sells around 180,000 or more in the first week. His 2012 album sold 193,000 copies in the first week. Maybe you should take a class in understanding how numbers work.

Right and I'm talking about his newest album because that's the best way to compare album sales. Not to compare them to albums that came not 10-15 years ago. Or even 5-10 for that matter. Neither of the other two were hitting the 200,000 mark either.

Once again; this is arguably the biggest country star. Dude headlines and basically sells out stadiums. Like, football stadiums. You can't expect and up and coming country artist like Cassadee to sell 200,000 albums. Her label isn't expecting her to sell 200,000 first week.

By your logic; why is she the lowest on the bill on the Rascal Flatts tour? Shouldn't she be, like, expected to headlining those venues because her following should already be so large from being on the TV show? Right?
09:42 AM on 08/17/13
TerrancePryor
User Info.
Right and I'm talking about his newest album because that's the best way to compare album sales. Not to compare them to albums that came not 10-15 years ago. Or even 5-10 for that matter. Neither of the other two were hitting the 200,000 mark either.

Once again; this is arguably the biggest country star. Dude headlines and basically sells out stadiums. Like, football stadiums. You can't expect and up and coming country artist like Cassadee to sell 200,000 albums. Her label isn't expecting her to sell 200,000 first week.

By your logic; why is she the lowest on the bill on the Rascal Flatts tour? Shouldn't she be, like, expected to headlining those venues because her following should already be so large from being on the TV show? Right?

His 2012 album sold 193,000 first week. I'm pretty sure that's damn close to 200,000. Nobody on American Idol that sells headlines stadiums. They mainly do 1,000 - 3,000 cap venues (with the exception of someone like Kelly Clarkson). Idol winner Scotty McCree became the first country act to debut at #1 with their debut album (197,000 copies sold that week). He's headlining 3,000 cap venues. Cassadee will probably do 1,000 cap venues. Please stop being a troll. Do you get paid to do this or something?
11:10 AM on 08/17/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
His 2012 album sold 193,000 first week. I'm pretty sure that's damn close to 200,000. Nobody on American Idol that sells headlines stadiums. They mainly do 1,000 - 3,000 cap venues (with the exception of someone like Kelly Clarkson). Idol winner Scotty McCree became the first country act to debut at #1 with their debut album (197,000 copies sold that week). He's headlining 3,000 cap venues. Cassadee will probably do 1,000 cap venues. Please stop being a troll. Do you get paid to do this or something?

You're a fucking idiot. You say these artists are expected to sell millions of albums and singles because they're on tv.

You even said they're expected to sell more than Kenny Chesney because they were on TV. That's fucking absurd. You have no idea how the music business works, not even in the slightest. You're just spouting off first week sales numbers of (so far) two artists. Neither of which are aelling 200,000 first week, regardless of how close it is.
05:17 PM on 08/17/13
TerrancePryor
User Info.
You're a fucking idiot. You say these artists are expected to sell millions of albums and singles because they're on tv.

You even said they're expected to sell more than Kenny Chesney because they were on TV. That's fucking absurd. You have no idea how the music business works, not even in the slightest. You're just spouting off first week sales numbers of (so far) two artists. Neither of which are aelling 200,000 first week, regardless of how close it is.

Most of the Idol contestants do sell gold/platinum singles and albums. You do realize that MILLIONS of people vote for these guys to get record contracts with major labels, right? They're pretty much supposed to sell well because of that (with the exception of a few that haven't.) Nobody on The Voice has ever done that. My whole case was that she would probably get dropped if her first week sales weren't that impressive. First week sales mean a lot nowadays. She could possibly hit the top 20 on the Billboard 200 charts. Hey Monday fans are obviously split because of her "I wanna be famous" speech. They could be a huge factor in her sales. Reminds me of when Patrick Stump's debut solo album bombed completely.
06:18 PM on 08/17/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Most of the Idol contestants do sell gold/platinum singles and albums. You do realize that MILLIONS of people vote for these guys to get record contracts with major labels, right? They're pretty much supposed to sell well because of that (with the exception of a few that haven't.) Nobody on The Voice has ever done that. My whole case was that she would probably get dropped if her first week sales weren't that impressive. First week sales mean a lot nowadays. She could possibly hit the top 20 on the Billboard 200 charts. Hey Monday fans are obviously split because of her "I wanna be famous" speech. They could be a huge factor in her sales. Reminds me of when Patrick Stump's debut solo album bombed completely.

But her single is doing well, and she's not counting on all the Hey Monday fans buying the album. It's a completely different genre, and she's being marketed to a completely different genre. You're forgetting that she's all over country radio to people who wouldn't have even watched the voice.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests