Username
Password
The Wonder Years News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
04:22 PM on 08/16/13
AndrewSoup
It's A Secret To Everyone
User Info.
Aaaaaugh, I really need to save all my money for a new apartment, but I've wanted a vinyl copy of this album for so long.
Responsibility is killing me.
05:09 PM on 08/16/13
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
My Greatest Generation sounds downright awful. Does anyone have the first press and is it good?
My first press of Suburbia sounds great.
06:24 PM on 08/16/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
My first press of Suburbia sounds great.
Alright. My Greatest is really low in volume and has no noticeable difference in quality. Thanks!
05:34 AM on 08/17/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
My copy of TGG is also pretty bad. There's A LOT of surface noise in addition to generally low volume and poor sound quality. Someone fucked that up.

I have a second press of the Upsides that sounds pretty good though, so I'm optimistic.
01:02 PM on 08/17/13
visible_noise
User Info.
THANK GOD.
06:24 PM on 08/17/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
still crazy to me that people don't have copies of this. took, like, a year and a half to sell the first 4,000 copies.

TGG is really the only TWY press that sounds bad. the mp3s are also relatively quiet so i'm not overly optimistic of a better second press. i think the production may have been fucked up all the way through.
06:56 AM on 08/18/13
kennyrules
User Info.
I can complete the trilogy! I'm still holding out for the two Fireworks LPs to get re-pressed.
02:41 PM on 08/18/13
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
Not super related but:
Hopeless fucked up the pressing of The Greatest Generation big time. The album is too long (50+ min) for a single disc (usually max is 45 min), so the drop in quality comes in it being way lower volume and if you have the blue pressing, a ton of surface noise, which sounds even lower because of the lowered volume.
03:23 PM on 08/18/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Not super related but:
Hopeless fucked up the pressing of The Greatest Generation big time. The album is too long (50+ min) for a single disc (usually max is 45 min), so the drop in quality comes in it being way lower volume and if you have the blue pressing, a ton of surface noise, which sounds even lower because of the lowered volume.

I have the red and can testify to an abundance of surface noise as well.
06:33 AM on 08/19/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
My Greatest Generation sounds downright awful. Does anyone have the first press and is it good?
i have the red one from the pre-order and it sounds good
10:44 AM on 08/19/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
i have the red one from the pre-order and it sounds good
Mine is a clear orange. The volume is the lowest volume output of any vinyl I have. It's about 50% lower. When I turn my stuff up it cracks and pops a ton more than other records. Glad to see that this is just mine though. (not sarcasm, generally happy this isn't widespread.)
10:45 AM on 08/19/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
My copy of TGG is also pretty bad. There's A LOT of surface noise in addition to generally low volume and poor sound quality. Someone fucked that up.

I have a second press of the Upsides that sounds pretty good though, so I'm optimistic.
Same exact as me! Shitty pressing twins!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums