Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
08:13 PM on 08/18/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
nice review. agreed about Frank, but I really like the Katy Perry feature. too many people give her crap for her radio success, but she gives great harmony here.
agreed, her bit at the end is my favourite part of the song. That song's just a weak track imo.

as for the record, it's been growing on me a lot and I love the majority of it but I do think "Who You Love", the Frank Ocean track and the really weak "Call Me the Breeze" keep the record from being as solid as any of his last three. Still a great listen though.
03:42 PM on 08/19/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
This looks poised to be John's worst album since RFS after listening to it 15-ish times. But considering the four albums in between, that's easily misleading, especially as this album's no less than the 8.5/10 it got here.
agreed. although I'd probably give it like an 8 just because I really don't like CMTB.
07:05 AM on 08/20/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Who You Love is my favorite track on the album, I'm surprised so many people are labeling it as mediocre and weak.
Like Craig said, it's really weak compared to most of the record, especially lyrically. That chorus is as weak as a john Mayer chorus can be.
11:22 AM on 08/20/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I really like "Who You Love", don't understand the hate
it's got a really, really weak chorus.
12:20 PM on 08/20/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Thanks, can't wait to take this for a road trip.

Honestly, I like the chorus and instrumentals. The parts that kill it for me are the verses, just because the lyrics are eye-roll worthy. "And he takes a little time, but you should see him when he shines." Yeesh.
well they're a bit cheesy but I just can't stand repetitive chorus'. and saying you love who you love over and over is just grating.
01:55 PM on 08/20/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Also, as much as that song kind of sucks, I'd still rather hear it on the radio than most of the shit that's managed to hit the top of the pop charts this year.
haha, I can't really comment on that because I don't know whats been in the charts but yeah, I don't hate the song or anything, it's just really weak for him imo.
05:18 PM on 08/20/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I agree. I personally don't think this is one of those cases though.
Yep.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version