AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Tour Drummer Miles McPherson (Paramore, Kelly...

Posted by: Jason Tate (08/19/13)
Tour drummer Miles McPherson (Paramore, Kelly Clarkson) was seriously injured in a golf cart accident and now can't drum because of the injuries to his hand and arm. Insurance covered most of the medical costs, but insurance doesn't cover his month to month pay to take care of his family. A family friend is helping raise money for him and his family with a Facebook donation page.

Submitted by mr_raccoon

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
10:22 AM on 08/19/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
how do you crash a golf cart.
10:25 AM on 08/19/13
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
Not sure what he was doing on the cart in order for it to crash, but those pictures of his burns are pretty awful. Sucks and I hope he gets back to drumming soon
11:24 AM on 08/19/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Most people enjoy drinking while golfing. And driving the cart like a maniac. I've seen them sunk in ponds, crashed into trees, smashed from jumping hills etc
11:41 AM on 08/19/13
IR0NMAN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I went golfing and crashed my golf cart too! now my hands hurt and I can't work anymore. I'm starting a KickStarter so everyone can pay for everything I need money for!
you can donate here:
SeriouslyApplyForDisabilityYouExplo itationist69@hotmale.com
11:43 AM on 08/19/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Um.
11:45 AM on 08/19/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was watching the marina staff wax my yacht when I fell off the dock. Please donate.

(Post wealthy people injuries!)
11:46 AM on 08/19/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
While this ultimately sucks that someone got injured so severely and I say this with no malice whatsoever, I do find this somewhat awkward for lack of a better adjective. I know he is not the one who set up the page/account, but only in this industry would you have a situation like this where people are donating for non medical bills for a non work related injury. If you tour with some of the biggest names in music and have a family, I would assume that you would have enough financial competence to be able to support yourself and family for a few months in the event of being laid off, injured, etc.
11:53 AM on 08/19/13
IR0NMAN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
forget his wealth, how about accept some responsibility? if he wasn't at fault there would be someone to sue to cover medical expenses (the driver, maker of the golf cart, golf course, etc)

Clearly (or maybe just apparently) this motherlover crashed his golf cart, and it's his fault, and it cost him his career and now he's looking to everyone else to cover for him and pay for his mistakes INSTEAD OF BEING A MAN AND ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS. This pathetic excuse for a man goes to the Internet to care for the family he should be providing for. if the injury is legitimate he can apply for disability.

I am appalled APnet is ever bringing attention to this grossly exploitive behavior. Seriously. I know at the end of the day you're just reporting on what gets you views, so I can't be that mad, but my word - fuck this guy. If you have a family and you fucked your arm up cause you were driving a golf cart and it's no one else fault but yours, then YOU should quit being a deadbeat and go out and find a job that lets you use your fucking legs cause there are less fortunate people in this world WHO ARE NOT ASKING FOR FUCKING HANDOUTS. what a scum bag.

also, yes, 1-68 were taken.
11:56 AM on 08/19/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
forget his wealth, how about accept some responsibility? if he wasn't at fault there would be someone to sue to cover medical expenses (the driver, maker of the golf cart, golf course, etc)

Clearly (or maybe just apparently) this motherlover crashed his golf cart, and it's his fault, and it cost him his career and now he's looking to everyone else to cover for him and pay for his mistakes INSTEAD OF BEING A MAN AND ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS. This pathetic excuse for a man goes to the Internet to care for the family he should be providing for. if the injury is legitimate he can apply for disability.

I am appalled APnet is ever bringing attention to this grossly exploitive behavior. Seriously. I know at the end of the day you're just reporting on what gets you views, so I can't be that mad, but my word - fuck this guy. If you have a family and you fucked your arm up cause you were driving a golf cart and it's no one else fault but yours, then YOU should quit being a deadbeat and go out and find a job that lets you use your fucking legs cause there are less fortunate people in this world WHO ARE NOT ASKING FOR FUCKING HANDOUTS. what a scum bag.

also, yes, 1-68 were taken.
"A family friend is helping raise money for him and his family with a Facebook donation page."

Did you even read the article?

Relax.
11:58 AM on 08/19/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was inspecting my chandelier for cleanliness (the cleaning staff dont always follow directions) and I fell from my ladder onto the hard mahogany floor. Please donate.
12:04 PM on 08/19/13
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.

^like this (1:42)
12:07 PM on 08/19/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
George Carlin on golf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4w7H48tBS8&feature=youtube _gdata_player
12:17 PM on 08/19/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Most people enjoy drinking while golfing. And driving the cart like a maniac. I've seen them sunk in ponds, crashed into trees, smashed from jumping hills etc
yeah I actually work at a golf course and have seen some shit, people hammered wipping them around but so far no one has gotten seriously hurt which i guess is a good thing, but i'm curious as to what exactly happened with his crash.
12:26 PM on 08/19/13
Boucher187
Jonathan "Mox" Moxon
User Info.
There were times when I was younger I would try to flip one and would not be able to...Also usually when I golf I drink....I am wondering if he was loaded doing some crazy stuff. But his wife was on the cart with him so I hope not....I also hope that he is OK and is 100% as soon as possible. Some times people make mistakes and do dumb shit. I know I have. Hope he gets better soon.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests