Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
02:20 PM on 08/19/13
ncarrab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've tried getting into these guys. I really don't understand the love for this band. Can someone explain to me what everyone sees in them? Like im asking this because I actually want to like them, I see some redeeming factors, but the lyrics seem all over the place and I cringe at the changing face masks (I feel like it's a failed attempt at symbolism, i dunno). So what is it that everyones so attached to with this band?
I'd say if you've tried to get into them and can't and then ask why other people like them so you can get into them, isn't the best way to get into a band. If you're not into them, then you're not into them. Plain and simple.

That said, I wasn't into them at first either, it took months for me to "catch on" but I've been borderline obsessed with them since April of 2012 and have seen them live six times since (including this Columbus show where this was filmed).

Their sound is unique and doesn't fit into any genre. Tyler is a good writer, a good singer and a decent enough rapper where they just throw everything together and it all works, for me at least.

I do agree with you on the face masks. I find it gimmicky and extremely unnecessary.
07:27 AM on 08/20/13
ncarrab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've honestly never seen a band rise as fast as they have. I remember seeing them almost two years ago when they were still unsigned and playing small venues. It's crazy how far they've come since then.
Well, to be fair, this video was filmed in their hometown of Columbus, where they're practically legends. I've seen them in the Cleveland area three times and they're still playing small venues there and that's only a few hours away from Columbus (Grog Shop - 250 capacity and Musica - 200 capacity). Their Columbus shows are huge, but else where around the country, I don't think their playing too many huge shows like this (they're not, they said this was their biggest headline ever), other than big festivals.
07:27 AM on 08/20/13
ncarrab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No guns for hands????? Surprising
This video cut out a lot of songs because the video is only an hour and the show was easily two hours.
07:41 AM on 08/21/13
ncarrab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought about that and thought it was weird. I'm really glad that they kept all of the old songs that they played like "Addict with a Pen" and "Kitchen Sink" when there's like three pro-shot videos of Guns for Hands.
When I first saw the video was only an hour, I figured Fueled By Ramen made them cut out all the older songs, since they had taken down TOP's first two albums on Spotify and old videos off YouTube once they were signed, but that wasn't the case.

Not sure why they cut out certain songs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos