AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Moving Mountains News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

POZ Interview: Moving Mountains

Posted by - 06:42 PM on 08/19/13
Check out a new interview with Moving Mountains on Property Of Zack.
A lot of it was considered while writing the record. One idea that I became obsessed with, was trying to create those simple melodies that when synced up, strike that nerve, or that feeling inside you. It can be unbelievable simple — like a slow moving piano scale, that somehow balances perfectly with a single note guitar chord progression. It’s sorta like when you’re cooking, and you come across good summer heirloom tomatoes. All you need is some salt and good olive oil. That shit is magical. A lot of our previous material was always the mentality of “what else can we add?”. With this, there was a lot of focus on empty space, and letting parts breathe. It’s something I still struggle with, as a songwriter, and working to become better at.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
06:55 PM on 08/19/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
I love the interview, but I hope Greg's answer in regards to touring isn't an ominous sign of things to come.
11:21 PM on 08/19/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
No Moving Mountains record has had a concept? Um, all of Pneuma's songs reference the same exact concept of Earth and Sun.
06:41 AM on 08/20/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
I probably said this when Waves came out, but "I hope this new album will make them bigger. They're quite underrated."
07:36 AM on 08/20/13
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
Great interview.
08:17 AM on 08/20/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
I lke the idea of what they're trying to accomplish with their new sound, although I'll probably miss some of their "big" songs
08:31 AM on 08/20/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
good one... I hope they'll keep up with their work for a longer period of time... Also I'd love to hear some of these Ansible EPs that Greg said were just thrown away. As for now can't wait for the new album!
09:47 AM on 08/20/13
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
Reading this got me even more pumped.
09:49 AM on 08/20/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
As long as screams aren't forever off the table. Dude has a good scream, you can tell by the session they did when Waves came out.
10:48 AM on 08/20/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I love the interview, but I hope Greg's answer in regards to touring isn't an ominous sign of things to come.
It probably means they don't have anything booked or at least can't say if they do....not a big deal.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos