Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Join TWLOHA For National Suicide Prevention Week

Posted by: Christian Wagner (08/19/13)
To Write Love On Her Arms will be taking part in National Suicide Prevention Week. Details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
06:09 PM on 08/19/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Press ReleaseMelbourne, FL - August 19, 2013 - Non-profit movement To Write Love on Her Arms, will be joining organizations like the American Foundation of Suicidology, International Association for Suicide Prevention and the World Health Organization to honor 2013's National Suicide Prevention Week (NSPW), from September 8th - September 14th and World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) on September 10th.

This year, many organizations are using NSPW to recognize stigma as a barrier to suicide prevention. TWLOHA is passionate about erasing stigma because it prevents people from reaching out to get help, causes people to suffer silently, divides families and communities, and results in individuals taking their own lives. The evidence is in the numbers: recent estimates say 350 million people worldwide struggle with depression -- the leading cause of suicide -- and yet, two-thirds of those people don't get help.

For NSPW and WSPD, TWLOHA is challenging stigma and spreading hope with the message "You cannot be replaced." There are many ways supporters can get involved in their communities and online, starting with the World Suicide Prevention Day pack. Each pack includes a "You Cannot Be Replaced" t-shirt, bracelet, design print, and set of info cards. By purchasing a pack or donating to TWLOHA during NSPW, supporters are also investing in suicide prevent. To learn more about the campaign and how to help, please visit: http://bit.ly/13DqaYS.

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. Since its start in 2006, TWLOHA has donated over $1,000,000 directly into treatment and recovery and answered over 170,000 emails from over 100 countries.

For more information on To Write Love on Her Arms,please visit: www.twloha.com

To get involved in National Suicide Prevention Week, please visit: http://bit.ly/13DqaYS
06:16 PM on 08/19/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
jett jackson rip
07:07 PM on 08/19/13
Greg
User Info.
The title leaves out a pretty key word. Probably a character limit issue, but, yea....

Who wants to celebrate "suicide week" with me? This fall we will also observe breast awareness month in October.

Edit: I probably should have gone with "breast cancer" month. Opportunity missed.
07:14 PM on 08/19/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
The title leaves out a pretty key word. Probably a character limit issue, but, yea....

Who wants to celebrate "suicide week" with me? This fall we will also observe breast awareness month in October.

Edit: I probably should have gone with "breast cancer" month. Opportunity missed.
yeah, that was my first thought as well...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests