Username
Password
Funny News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Funny
Inside AP.net

Dan Telfer Live At the Beat Kitchen

Posted by: Cody Nelson (08/20/13)
Available in the replies or on his website, comic Dan Telfer has released his latest half-hour special Live At the Beat Kitchen for free. Also in the replies is Telfer's rationale behind giving the special away as opposed to taking after the $5 approach we've seen often recently.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
06:59 AM on 08/20/13
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.

From Dan's SiteI have decided to release this 24 minute set of my stand-up free to everyone. For a long time I had this recording on ice and was showing it to TV type people. When those TV people did not bite, I was reluctant to share the set.

Comedians were starting to release entire hours on the internet for $5, and I was neither famous enough to make a lot of money that way, nor did I have the savings to host the video myself and sell it without another site skimming a ton of money off the top. But then I started retiring all of this material, and what wasn’t already on my EP got released on my full length CD, and it felt silly to hoard it. So here you are!

The emcee is my old pal Ricky Carmona, who was instrumental in helping me transition out to LA this year, where he’d been for almost two years. When I recorded this we both lived in Chicago. Also I had just come off recording Pop Pilgrims for The A.V. Club and had an amazing time travelling with the editorial staff and the production guys at Picture Show (who also record A.V. Undercover). Brendan and Jaime of Picture Show agreed to tape and edit the set, and I am really happy with how it turned out.

Since I released it on social media yesterday, a few people have been generous enough to leave me tips via the PayPal donation button on the right side of this page. My family and I are still recovering from the cost of a cross-country move, and those donations mean a lot to me. Thanks so much if you’re able to throw some coins in that well.

So yeah! The whole reason you probably know who I am is because of that one bit I did on the internet. I do it here, again, for longer. I should be putting more of my comedy on the internet. It has been good to me. I owe you this. Thanks for everything so far, pixellated pals.
07:04 AM on 08/20/13
Cody Nelson
User Info.
If you get the chance, check this out. One of Chicago's best comics working right now.
08:41 AM on 08/20/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
If you get the chance, check this out. One of Chicago's best comics working right now.
Have you heard Drew Michael's album Lovely that came out last week?
08:44 AM on 08/20/13
Cody Nelson
User Info.
Have you heard Drew Michael's album Lovely that came out last week?
I had no idea he had an album out! I actually saw Drew open for James Adomian back in January, and I thought he was great, but I never really heard much about him since. Thanks for mentioning this, I'm certainly gonna check it out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests