Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Drake Pushes New Album Back a Week

Posted by: Chris Collum (08/21/13)
Drake has pushed back the release of Nothing Was the Same a week. The album will now drop on September 24.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
12:14 PM on 08/21/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
Ugh.
12:16 PM on 08/21/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
I have a huge fear that he is completely overthinking some of the stuff on this album.
12:17 PM on 08/21/13
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
I have a huge fear that he is completely overthinking some of the stuff on this album.
Nah. Not concerned.
12:24 PM on 08/21/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Was lucky enough to hear quite a few tracks about a month or 2 ago now from the record and LOVED what I was hearing, but from speaking directly with Drake and his team, it was quite clear that he was obsessing over every litte last detail. At the time, it was definitely paying off for him, but sometimes if you keep tinkering around and tinkering around and tinkering around, it can become a negative.

On the other hand, who is to say that the reason for the push-back is that he is still working on tracks to that extend. Could just be a move by the label. Either way, so stoked to hear this when it finally comes out.
12:30 PM on 08/21/13
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
Was lucky enough to hear quite a few tracks about a month or 2 ago now from the record and LOVED what I was hearing, but from speaking directly with Drake and his team, it was quite clear that he was obsessing over every litte last detail. At the time, it was definitely paying off for him, but sometimes if you keep tinkering around and tinkering around and tinkering around, it can become a negative.

On the other hand, who is to say that the reason for the push-back is that he is still working on tracks to that extend. Could just be a move by the label. Either way, so stoked to hear this when it finally comes out.
Yeah I doubt they're tinkering honestly. And even if they are, I trust Drake and 40. Nothing Drake has done since Thank Me Later has disappointed me in the slightest, and based upon all the pre-album tracks we've heard and his string of phenomenal guest spots last year I feel like he's at the top of his game right now.

But we'll see. Take Care is a pop masterpiece imo so it's gonna be tough to top that either way, but I'm not doubting that this record will be great.
12:34 PM on 08/21/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Yeah I doubt they're tinkering honestly. And even if they are, I trust Drake and 40. Nothing Drake has done since Thank Me Later has disappointed me in the slightest, and based upon all the pre-album tracks we've heard and his string of phenomenal guest spots last year I feel like he's at the top of his game right now.

But we'll see. Take Care is a pop masterpiece imo so it's gonna be tough to top that either way, but I'm not doubting that this record will be great.
I expect this to easily be one of my top 5 albums of the year. Will be tough to top Take Care, but Drake seems to just gain more confidence and momentum with every release.
12:37 PM on 08/21/13
WhaleSnake
User Info.

Yea i deff think hes at his peak right now. The songs he released leading up to Take Care were good and i didnt think the album could get any better but i was deff wrong. I hope thats also the case this time around.
12:51 PM on 08/21/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
album will be incredible
01:06 PM on 08/21/13
jsm158
Contra
User Info.
"Started From the Bottom" is still trash, "All Me" is meh, but "Hold On, We're Going Home" is fantastic. He really needs to focus more on his R&B stuff, it suits his skills way better.
01:07 PM on 08/21/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
i really hope none of the songs that have been released over the last few months don't end up on the album with the exception of "hold on, we're going home"
01:27 PM on 08/21/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
"Started From the Bottom" is still trash, "All Me" is meh, but "Hold On, We're Going Home" is fantastic. He really needs to focus more on his R&B stuff, it suits his skills way better.
agree with all points
02:18 PM on 08/21/13
BIGSALE
i hide behind these ribs of mine
User Info.
Probably to avoid grand theft auto V 8) i know that's all i will be doing on september 17th
02:30 PM on 08/21/13
paperlung
this glass house is burning down
User Info.
pushed back to try and top kendrick...

*sarcasm*
03:49 PM on 08/21/13
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Versace?
Options