AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Funny News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Funny
Inside AP.net

Dave Attell To Host Stand-Up Show, Premiere New...

Posted by: Cody Nelson (08/22/13)
Deepening his after-hours relationship with the network (which begun with his great series Insomniac), Comedy Central has just announced that comedian Dave Attell will be both hosting the network's first late-night uncensored stand-up show as well as premiering a new one-hour special of his own. Both projects will premiere sometime in 2014, and the press release can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
10:20 AM on 08/22/13
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Press ReleaseNEW YORK, August 22, 2013 – Dave Attell and COMEDY CENTRAL will be keeping fans up late into the night once again as the #1 brand in comedy is back in business with the iconic comic, ordering its first-ever uncensored, weekly late-night stand-up series and a one-hour original stand-up special, it was announced today by Kent Alterman, President, Content Development and Original Programming, COMEDY CENTRAL. The eight episode series and the one-hour stand-up special are executive produced by Attell and 3 Arts and set to premiere in 2014.

"When I was first approached for this, I thought someone said 'Dave Chappelle,' said Alterman. “I immediately said yes. I love Dave Attell, too, so it's fine."

The untitled late night stand-up series will be hosted by Attell and consist of eight half-hour episodes featuring him and his fellow comedians as never seen before: uncensored and unfiltered. The series will celebrate comics in their truest and most authentic form and will feature sets from up-and-coming talent as well as familiar faces in the comedy world as well as unscripted, interstitial moments throughout each episode.
In addition to the series, COMEDY CENTRAL has also ordered a one-hour stand-up special from Attell which will premiere next year.
10:26 AM on 08/22/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Great news! Attell is easily one of my Top 5 favorite stand-ups of all-time. Been quite a while since he's recorded any new material...

I'm a big fan of shows with that format. Particularly for "newer" comics. Serves as a bit of a sampler.
10:29 AM on 08/22/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
This sounds great. I love that CC embraces the uncensored stuff nowadays.
10:32 AM on 08/22/13
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Uncensored? Awesome.
10:34 AM on 08/22/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Awesome. I've missed this guy.
10:44 AM on 08/22/13
scott325
twitter.com/scott325
User Info.
This sounds great. I love that CC embraces the uncensored stuff nowadays.
They still censor their initial airings of stand up specials, and make you wait until the 1 or 2am airing for the uncensored one though, don't they? I've always found it weird that a network dedicated to comedy was censored at all. Basic cable sponsors and such, though.
10:47 AM on 08/22/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I must of seen every episode of Insomniac like 5 times each. I loved that show to death. His stand-ups were hilarious as well. Great to see him back.
10:59 AM on 08/22/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Fantastic news
11:17 AM on 08/22/13
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Dave Attell is fantastic.

Excited to hear new material
11:19 AM on 08/22/13
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I loved Insomniac.
01:10 PM on 08/22/13
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
Skanks for the Memories is one of my favorites. Awesome.
08:56 AM on 08/23/13
anciar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he is tops, cant wait
12:44 PM on 08/23/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
forgot he was in one of the greatest movies of all time

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE