AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Podcast: Riley Breckenridge of Thrice (Episode...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (08/23/13)
Like many of you, Jason and I are pretty huge fans of Thrice and we celebrate every release in its discography. So it was quite the honor to speak Riley Breckenridge on the latest AbsolutePunk.net Podcast episode. In this episode, we break down the entire Thrice discography (with Riley sharing a lot of cool stories and inside information), talk about the band's current status, and we even fit in a little baseball talk.

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways: via iTunes, your own RSS feed (instructions below), or streaming/downloading the mp3 in the replies. You can also find our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud. As always, we hope you enjoy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 59
10:35 AM on 08/23/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.

The podcast is also on Tumblr, iTunes, and SoundCloud.

Show Notes:
Riley Breckenridge Twitter
Productive Outs
Puig Destroyer Bandcamp

Sponsors:
Hopeless Records
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue Acoustic
10:41 AM on 08/23/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
As a huge Thrice fan, this was really, really cool. Especially the whole part about the transition from Island to Vagrant.
11:25 AM on 08/23/13
june182
User Info.
Thrice is my favorite band, so this was an awesome listen. Really in to these podcasts
12:15 PM on 08/23/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This was really interesting to listen to, partially for The Alchemy Index portion alone. I wonder if that series would have been better received if it were released as a double album?
12:19 PM on 08/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This was really interesting to listen to, partially for The Alchemy Index portion alone. I wonder if that series would have been better received if it were released as a double album?
All of that was completely new information to me ... made me break out Water / Air the other day -- those two are my favorites.
12:20 PM on 08/23/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
All of that was completely new information to me ... made me break out Water / Air the other day -- those two are my favorites.
ditto

I went through a huge Water/Air/Major/Minor kick after that podcast recording.
12:28 PM on 08/23/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I did the same as well. I still think the songs on Water are some of the bands most underrated. "Digital Sea" is a phenomenal electronic/alt-pop song.
12:36 PM on 08/23/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Can't wait to listen to this.

Fun, unimportant fact: I started coming to absolutepunk because people commenting at Thrice.net mentioned the site quite often. Just another way in which Thrice has been my gateway to the universe of new music.
12:54 PM on 08/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Can't wait to listen to this.

Fun, unimportant fact: I started coming to absolutepunk because people commenting at Thrice.net mentioned the site quite often. Just another way in which Thrice has been my gateway to the universe of new music.
Haha. That's awesome.
01:05 PM on 08/23/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I've been meaning to check out the podcast since the first episode, but when I read that Riley was going to be on this episode, I dropped everything and listened immediately. Really good stuff. Just makes me miss Thrice more and more...
01:16 PM on 08/23/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think these would benefit from shortcuts or markers, showing where a conversations hits a new topic. I know they're a little all over the place, but still - I don't have an hour to listen, but I'd love to hear what people are referencing about Alchemy.
01:50 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Incredible podcast and my favorite one yet. I had no idea Riley was the guest for this week's podcast. I've been on a huge Thrice kick for the past few days, so it was really weird/coincidental that this popped up in the same frame of time.

It's been an Alchemy Index week for me so far. Going to jam Major/Minor really soon. The fall season always makes me want to listen to it since it came out nearly two years ago in the fall. Really great album. Top 3 from them, for sure.
02:45 PM on 08/23/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
My favorite podcast you guys have done! Everything you guys talked about was enlightening and interesting to hear. Thanks for talking about the shitty Angels
02:51 PM on 08/23/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Let me guess, he and the band are very confused and ashamed of the the first three records (The best ones)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests