Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
01:50 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Incredible podcast and my favorite one yet. I had no idea Riley was the guest for this week's podcast. I've been on a huge Thrice kick for the past few days, so it was really weird/coincidental that this popped up in the same frame of time.

It's been an Alchemy Index week for me so far. Going to jam Major/Minor really soon. The fall season always makes me want to listen to it since it came out nearly two years ago in the fall. Really great album. Top 3 from them, for sure.
03:57 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Let me guess, he and the band are very confused and ashamed of the the first three records (The best ones)
Oof..
04:37 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Glad you guys liked it! Thanks.
Who's the guest for next week's podcast?
05:00 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I think next week is Tom from Run for Cover Records / Hostage Calm.

Then we have Jim from Jimmy Eat World, Balance and Composure, and The Dear Hunter all on deck.
These next four weeks are going to be great. Love all of those bands.

This podcast idea is such a great idea, Jason. Thanks a lot for them. Oh, and thanks to Drew too.
05:26 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Glad you like them! They've been a lot of fun to do, and they've got me listening to other podcasts each week. It's something I look forward to on Fridays to listen to throughout the weekend. Really pleased with how they've been coming out - and I think they're just getting better and better.
They definitely have been getting better and better. The flow and content has become very concise, especially on this one. I understand why some people may not want to sit down and listen to a podcast for about an hour or more, but I thought this one was entertaining all the way through and I'm not even into baseball. I just like how it tied into lifestyles of people in general. It helped keep it accessible.
05:35 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Regarding the label identity question (which is a fantastic question, and a topic worth really exploring), for me, I'll go after anything No Sleep or Triple Crown these days.
Definitely agree about the label identity question. Really great topic that I've thrown around in my mind from time to time.

Triple Crown is very reliable, I feel. Looking at the label's current artists, I enjoy Bad Books, Caspian, The Dear Hunter, Fireworks, IIOI, Moving Mountains, NK, and O'Brother. 8/10 seems really solid to me.
05:47 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Yeah, that's kinda the goal. I know some people like reading interviews and all that -- and that's fine -- this is just a different medium for talking about music and life and whatever we feel like talking about. Haha.
I enjoy both. I used to listen to podcasts here and there throughout my time in high school. I enjoy just laying down in my bed and listening. It's very relaxing and free-flowing. Doesn't require as much concentration, at least for me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos