AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59
10:12 AM on 08/24/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Regarding the label identity question (which is a fantastic question, and a topic worth really exploring), for me, I'll go after anything No Sleep or Triple Crown these days.
I don't know about Triple Crown. Their "identity" is quickly shaping, but literally just two years ago they were Fireworks and The Secret Handshake.

To me, RFC / TSR have always been consistent with their identity.
10:25 AM on 08/24/13
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
thanks for all the nice comments everyone and thanks for listening - means the world
As I said in the Thrice thread in Music. Loved this, some really interesting insights. You guys should hook up with Matt Pryor and his Nothing To Write Home About Podcast somehow. That's amazing as well.
10:47 AM on 08/24/13
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
Thrice has always come off as an intelligent band for lack of a better term. Just the way they do things, lyrical content, etc. This confirms that all the more. Great stuff Jason and Drew. I look forward to these podcasts every week.
11:58 AM on 08/24/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
The label identity sounds like a good discussion for next week - for me it's Deathwish, Sargent House, and Topshelf and RFC for the most part
12:47 PM on 08/24/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know about Triple Crown. Their "identity" is quickly shaping, but literally just two years ago they were Fireworks and The Secret Handshake.

To me, RFC / TSR have always been consistent with their identity.
Meh, I always respected them for having TREOS and The Gay Blades. Then MovMou. Then recently, FIL and Weatherbox. They seem to stylistically go for a sound that I love.
12:47 PM on 08/24/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The label identity sounds like a good discussion for next week - for me it's Deathwish, Sargent House, and Topshelf and RFC for the most part
Interested in contributing to this.
02:19 PM on 08/24/13
petter182
User Info.
The absolute best and most interesting podcast so far, in my opinion. Probably because itīs with the drummer in one of my favorite bands. Thereīs only one handshake Iīve had in my life that I actually remember, and itīs this one - after a Thrice-concert in Norway, may 7th 2006.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1600T.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	69381  
10:07 PM on 08/24/13
dave_rowely
Throw Me In The River
User Info.
Label identity - Poison City Records! Cannot put out a bad record!
10:30 PM on 08/24/13
airik625
-
User Info.
I just recently discovered his track, The View From Here Is Forever. For some reason I had no idea about it.
01:04 AM on 08/25/13
vheissu15
brianolski
User Info.
The absolute best and most interesting podcast so far, in my opinion. Probably because itīs with the drummer in one of my favorite bands. Thereīs only one handshake Iīve had in my life that I actually remember, and itīs this one - after a Thrice-concert in Norway, may 7th 2006.
Look at that fucking grip. I want an absolutepunk fan favorite arm-wrestling contest because I would place some serious bets on Riley.
01:22 AM on 08/25/13
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.
Great listen. Well done guys.
01:56 AM on 08/25/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
This is a fantastic episode.

Went back and am listening to Vheissu now. Wow, what an album. Just listening to "For Miles" is blowing my mind. Was anyone else doing this kind of stuff in 2005 with such ambition?
04:42 AM on 08/26/13
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
This is really awesome.

I'd LOVE to hear that song that Island was pushing for on the Alchemy Index.
02:59 PM on 08/26/13
RoundRobyn
User Info.
Absolutely love this! Thrice is and will always be my favorite band. Definitely need to go home and listen to ALL their albums after this. I go through periods where I don't listen to them for a while and kind of fall in love all over again. Thrice bring back so many memories when I worked in radio and wanted to do something in music. Highlight of my work day!

R

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version