AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net User Launches Kickstarter for "Minimal Wallet"

Posted by - 07:54 PM on 08/26/13
Long time AP.net user, ghsNICK!, has launched a Kickstarter for a "minimalist wallet" -- we're big on community, so we felt like helping out and dropping a link to his page for him. Plus, he sent us one to check out, which I am pretty sure was just a bribe so I'd remove some old infraction points. Anyway, I spent the day playing with it and all in all I think it's a pretty interesting concept. I like the idea of a small and minimal wallet for the few things I do carry with me on a daily basis (can we move these all to my phone yet?). Given that I only really need my ID, a few credit cards, and maybe an insurance card ... it really does lighten the load of what I carry around in my back-pocket. The only real downfalls I found were that sliding cards in the first time was a little difficult next to the seam, and I worry if after prolonged use the materials will get too stretched out and I'd have to worry about my cards falling out. That and that it feels weird to me to put my wallet in my front pocket (I know it's safer) and if I forget what order my cards in -- it takes a little more time to find what I'm looking for when paying. That said, this is a big step up from the rubber band I see some people using (is that just a Portland thing?) and feel like it's worth giving a shout to.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68
08:03 PM on 08/26/13
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for posting this Jason! It had nothing to do with the infraction points

Hope you enjoy.
08:06 PM on 08/26/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Pretty neat idea. You should make a black-on-black one.
08:09 PM on 08/26/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
saw this earlier...I may have to get this
08:13 PM on 08/26/13
ghsNICK!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty neat idea. You should make a black-on-black one.
That could make a nice stretch goal, we'll see.

saw this earlier...I may have to get this
I won't argue that.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I haven't had any issues with my wallet stretching and neither have my prototype users. I plan on updating my campaign within the week to show a durability test of me stretching it really good and then riding a roller coaster with a few cards in it.

Disclaimer - I don't suggest anyone using their wallet like that
09:36 PM on 08/26/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Wasn't there another minimalist wallet being promoted here not too long ago?

Edit: Oh yeah, Denning posted about it.
09:37 PM on 08/26/13
patrickhowell
myspace.com/someonejustlikeyou
User Info.
It reminds me of http://www.swallet.com/ I carried one of those for a few years, and it was great.
09:44 PM on 08/26/13
ghsNICK!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wasn't there another minimalist wallet being promoted here not too long ago?

Edit: Oh yeah, Denning posted about it.
His wallet is pretty cool as well, depends on what you're looking for.

I can promise you one thing...I'll never buy a regular wallet again. Fat wallets suck. Sitting on them at work/school/etc and I always felt them. Not to mention the huge bulge.

It took about a week to get used to, but now I wear mine in the front pocket.
09:52 PM on 08/26/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
my brother donated to a kickstarter for a similar type of wallet earlier this year, he loves it. may have to send a donation
09:57 PM on 08/26/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I'll have to tell my buddy George about this!
10:02 PM on 08/26/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Looks nice, could have done without the big "hand designed and assembled in the USA" disclaimer though.
10:12 PM on 08/26/13
ghsNICK!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
my brother donated to a kickstarter for a similar type of wallet earlier this year, he loves it. may have to send a donation
Thanks for considering! Anything helps.

Looks nice, could have done without the big "hand designed and assembled in the USA" disclaimer though.
Don't worry, that's nowhere on the actual wallet. Trust me, I could have payed a lot less getting this done in China. I think it's nice showing that American businesses will gain work if my product is funded.
10:15 PM on 08/26/13
sjb2k1
8-7, sack orton
User Info.
how long is that elastic going to stay tight?

love, someone who wears bras and knows about these types of things.
10:39 PM on 08/26/13
ghsNICK!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
how long is that elastic going to stay tight?

love, someone who wears bras and knows about these types of things.
For a long time.

I've had 12 cards in mine for over a month (for testing purposes only). Today I took 11 out and tested it with 1 card, it still held securely. I grabbed the one card by the top and shook it...nothing came out. I held it upside down and gave it a shake...nothing while it was upside down.

I recommend 1-10 cards to keep the elastic tight and to extend the life of the wallet.

I went to Warped tour with this thing and went crazy when Chiodos/The Used played and everything was still there.

Hopefully my future video on the roller coaster can convince you that's it's secure

PS - Bra's go through washer machines. I recommend hand washing mine under cold water to keep it tight.
11:09 PM on 08/26/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Just curious, why? Haha.
For a long time.

I've had 12 cards in mine for over a month (for testing purposes only). Today I took 11 out and tested it with 1 card, it still held securely. I grabbed the one card by the top and shook it...nothing came out. I held it upside down and gave it a shake...nothing while it was upside down.

I recommend 1-10 cards to keep the elastic tight and to extend the life of the wallet.

I went to Warped tour with this thing and went crazy when Chiodos/The Used played and everything was still there.

Hopefully my future video on the roller coaster can convince you that's it's secure

PS - Bra's go through washer machines. I recommend hand washing mine under cold water to keep it tight.

Done any tests with large amounts of paper bills? Like, if you break a twenty and end up with a bunch of ones and fives?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos