Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
08:28 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Really happy with the direction this album is taking. I definitely would have been disappointed if we got Waves Pt.2 or Waves Jr.

Also, great review, Jack. I love how you managed to mention every song in your review in some capacity. And I agree about how the songs seem to act in groups of three, but work as one big whole too.

Standouts for me so far, based off these sessions: Eastern Leaves, Hands, Seasonal
08:42 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
That last paragraph makes me sad, but it's something I've been noticing and feeling throughout these sessions and the recent interview. If this does turn out to be the band's last album, I'll be incredibly happy with it because I think it's practically on par with Pneuma, which I think is the band's best work.
08:47 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I chose to ignore the spelling/grammar issues. It was a little distracting, but I got the point Jack was trying to convey, so I easily overlooked it.
08:58 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I've listened to the Telegraph Sessions a lot more than I probably should have. I'm hoping the small additions to the songs that didn't make it into the sessions don't alienate me from what I've practically become so accustomed to. I imagine the studio versions will be even better, so I'm remaining optimistic.
10:00 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
"Kirby’s contributions certainly recall his solo project, Mount Carmel & The End Of The World, though seamlessly integrate into the band and record. It’s no coincidence that drummer Nicholas Pizzolato shifts forward in these tracks, as his bombastic drumming drives the liveliness."

"But back to “Seasonal.” Besides serving as an excellent transition track, the song eschews traditional templates in favor of an altered structure that produces huge results."

"Dunn slowly builds from mellow vocals and acoustic guitar to the full band ambiance from act one, culminating into Moving Mountains’ biggest instances" (may not be an issue but just reads awkward to me, is instances the word you want there?)

These were the three parts I noticed as well. Just words and letters are missing, as noted.
10:02 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Another thing I really like about this review is the opening sentence. I'm really glad the review focused on the album rather than comparing it to previous works as all of the threads for each song have become.
10:16 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Not sure how I feel on Hudson yet. I think it's good, but, for some reason, I think it's one of the weaker songs we've heard so far. The end of the song is great, but everything before is just good.
11:34 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
HA. I'm a moron. I had made those edits in a draft, that I didn't put in this version of the review. Good call, and apologies.
It's all good. As I said earlier, just small things. I got the point you were making.

It is a really good review though and the inclusion of videos is a nice touch. I'm glad Josh got some attention in this review too because he really helps take Seasonal to a whole other level.
12:01 PM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I'm a big fan of Greg's vocals, actually. I think he's at his best on these songs. He's only gotten better since Pneuma.
04:39 PM on 09/09/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
This album crushes Waves. Love it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives