Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 108 of 108
06:56 AM on 10/14/13
Toner
I'll Always Never Know
User Info.
Quote:
More than anything, Moving Mountains feels complete. There’s finality to it. And between its self-titled status, the customary call-back to a fan favorite, and semblances to Dunn’s solo efforts, an all-too-possible reality becomes evident.

It's sad to say that you called this one Jack. It feels very much like a farewell album and I think that makes it all the more precious.
02:11 AM on 04/16/14
reducedtoteeth
dog shit taco
User Info.
This record is amazing. Eastern Leaves has become one of my all time favorite songs.
03:44 PM on 05/29/14
adammatthew
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After reading through all the comments on this review, for me the biggest surprise was the spectrum of thoughts. I of course have my own opinions, and being a die hard MM fan since Pneuma first came out, I tend to be snobby enough to think my opinion is the right one haha. I'm a concert photographer shooting 3-4 shows a week in Denver and after seeing so many I consider myself to be a bit of a critic as well since music is my biggest passion. My heart basically fell out of my chest with disappointment upon my first run through of this album. It felt severely lacking of passion at first to me. I was never grabbed or had the breath knocked out of me (in a good way) like with the previous albums. Even Waves, which despite being a big departure from the post-rockness of Pneuma and Foreword that I absolutely love, was still such a solid, complex, and PASSIONATE progression. Passion above all is what first changed my life about this band, and I didn't hear any of that in the self titled. I definitely respect and appreciate a band that can and does reinvent themselves with every new release (like Brand New), but at this point I feel, personally, that the soul is missing in this album. It has grown on me a bit, but so far has come nowhere near creating the welling up feeling in my stomach where I feel like I have to scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs. Not that I think a band needs to yell or scream to show passion, but I just didn't feel it. I know a lot of you are going to disagree with me as passionately as I write this review, and of course every songs hits everyone differently at different times, but I personally miss the intensity and passion that I know Moving Mountains is capable of portraying, even in a matter of 140 seconds like in "Aphelion." I wish MM would tour more often so I can continue to support them through merch and attendance, and will always hope for the post-rock passion MM once had to show up in a future release.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos