AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Podcast: Chatting About The 1975 (Episode 14)

Posted by: Drew Beringer (08/30/13)
The 1975's upcoming self-titled debut is one of the most anticipated albums of 2013. Jason and I were fortunate enough to get advances of this record a while back and we are both pretty big fans of it (it may potentially top Jason's AOTY list). Fellow staff member Kyle Huntington also had the pleasure to hear the album early and we invited him on as our guest for this week's podcast in which we discuss the album at length. We also get Kyle's UK perspective, since the band originated from and have blown up over there. You can stream The 1975's debut record now and check out the podcast afterwards.

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways: via iTunes, your own RSS feed (instructions below), or streaming/downloading the mp3 in the replies. You can also find our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud. As always, we hope you enjoy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
10:51 AM on 08/30/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.

The podcast is also on Tumblr, iTunes, and SoundCloud.

Show Notes:
Kyle Huntington's Twitter
11:05 AM on 08/30/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
listened to this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. mostly, i just enjoyed kyle's angelic voice. but now that ive heard the album im gonna have to listen again. that is, if i can actually stop listening to the album for long enough.
11:17 AM on 08/30/13
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
I wanna fuck this record.
11:21 AM on 08/30/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I've had the record for awhile too, curious to see what you guys think.
11:28 AM on 08/30/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Subscribing.

And I'll repost what I wrote about this episode in my blog:

AP.net staffer Kyle Huntington joins us this week from across the pond to talk about the upcoming album from The 1975. Couple beers, good friends, good chat. I really enjoyed this one because most of my IRL friends don’t talk about music — hence the creation of AP.net in the first place — but this podcast felt like I was sitting down with old friends just talking about music and why we liked it. While not an “interview” podcast, it felt much more like a conversation … really fun to do, we’ll have to do it again in the future.
11:32 AM on 08/30/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
listened to this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. mostly, i just enjoyed kyle's angelic voice. but now that ive heard the album im gonna have to listen again. that is, if i can actually stop listening to the album for long enough.
Hahaha you. XO
Subscribing.

And I'll repost what I wrote about this episode in my blog:

AP.net staffer Kyle Huntington joins us this week from across the pond to talk about the upcoming album from The 1975. Couple beers, good friends, good chat. I really enjoyed this one because most of my IRL friends don’t talk about music — hence the creation of AP.net in the first place — but this podcast felt like I was sitting down with old friends just talking about music and why we liked it. While not an “interview” podcast, it felt much more like a conversation … really fun to do, we’ll have to do it again in the future.
Totally agreed. Was really great.
11:37 AM on 08/30/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hahaha you. XO

Totally agreed. Was really great.
11:50 AM on 08/30/13
kafe
User Info.
I literally never listen to podcasts, but I really enjoyed this. Look forward to hearing the whole album now, I listened to Chocolate a couple of time and got kinda sick of it.

Kyle - swoon.

Something that I just realized, Chocolate never blew up here and I have no idea why because Swedes usually love bands with thick British accents, like The Kooks.
11:58 AM on 08/30/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Really glad everyone is listening and enjoying, means a lot. Also a really nice feeling to have pretty much everyone who listens to the album within this community share the love for it, even if it's just half of it, they seem to LOVE that half.
12:01 PM on 08/30/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I literally never listen to podcasts, but I really enjoyed this. Look forward to hearing the whole album now, I listened to Chocolate a couple of time and got kinda sick of it.

Kyle - swoon.

Something that I just realized, Chocolate never blew up here and I have no idea why because Swedes usually love bands with thick British accents, like The Kooks.
Thanks for listening! Glad you enjoyed it.
12:02 PM on 08/30/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Really glad everyone is listening and enjoying, means a lot. Also a really nice feeling to have pretty much everyone who listens to the album within this community share the love for it, even if it's just half of it, they seem to LOVE that half.
Also, this.
12:23 PM on 08/30/13
petter182
User Info.

Kyle - swoon.

It's getting massive airplay in Norway. But it will also probably be the only song from them that get's any attention here.
12:31 PM on 08/30/13
kafe
User Info.
It's getting massive airplay in Norway. But it will also probably be the only song from them that get's any attention here.
Really? Seems like it'd be big in Sweden as well then, I might just have completely missed out because I never listen to the radio. It doesn't feel like one of those songs that people talk about though.
12:50 PM on 08/30/13
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
I've been really enjoying the 1975's poppy songs like Sex, Chocolate, and Robbers. I'm trying really hard to get into the rest of their material but I'm having a hard time to be completely honest.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests