AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Death News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Electric Zoo Cancelled After Two Deaths and Four People In Critical...

Posted by - 11:05 AM on 09/01/13
Following the news that one person died and two were in serious condition at Zedd's tour opener in Boston, Electric Zoo has canceled the last day (today) of the three day festival due to two deaths and four more people in critical condition.
The founders of Electric Zoo send our deepest condolences to the families of the two people who passed away this weekend. Because there is nothing more important to us than our patrons, we have decided in consultation with the New York City Parks Department that there will be no show today.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 149
11:20 AM on 09/01/13
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
My buddy went to Spring Awakening and he said he was amazed at how many young kids were openly asking people for "Molly".
11:26 AM on 09/01/13
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
pop culture and the mainstream has embraced Molly as a no big deal type of drug....it's almost been built up as an equivalent to marijuana, but I think a lot of people forget that Molly is fucking ecstacy. Like taking it once in a blue moon is fine, but not to sound like a square, but there are definitely huge health risks for taking it (especially in abundance).

my friends (who are punk/indie rock fans) have recently started to get into this fad....hopefully it dies soon
11:28 AM on 09/01/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Ah, Social Darwinism.
11:28 AM on 09/01/13
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
My buddy went to Spring Awakening and he said he was amazed at how many young kids were openly asking people for "Molly".

lack of knowledge man. people don't realize that molly IS ecstasy. Like ecstasy, if you take it in abundance or abuse it, there are definitely health risks involved. BUT they just associate it with the 'scene' and think it's 'the cool thing to do', and don't understand what they're actually taking. Molly/ecstasy is NOT marijuana.
11:40 AM on 09/01/13
DarthMaul
User Info.

That's fucking lame (the fact that so many people openly ask for it)
11:56 AM on 09/01/13
mbarney82
User Info.
pop culture and the mainstream has embraced Molly as a no big deal type of drug....it's almost been built up as an equivalent to marijuana, but I think a lot of people forget that Molly is fucking ecstacy. Like taking it once in a blue moon is fine, but not to sound like a square, but there are definitely huge health risks for taking it (especially in abundance).

my friends (who are punk/indie rock fans) have recently started to get into this fad....hopefully it dies soon

its sad to think that we can put a drug on a podium like molly is. and this last part will happen eventually. hopefully for good.
12:05 PM on 09/01/13
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
Also the 2nd date of Zedd's Clarity tour got cancelled after on the first date in HOB Boston one died and 2 were hospitalized.

Come on people, drink water, do less drugs, its not complicated.
12:12 PM on 09/01/13
kylecrowe
Rock n Roll
User Info.
there's gonna be some serious issues with these kids in 20 years
12:14 PM on 09/01/13
bigfoamfinger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

it blows my mind how many people like this EDM garbage
12:16 PM on 09/01/13
streetcar
User Info.
there's gonna be some serious issues with these kids in 20 years
yea exactly.. not even 20.. if they are eating them as much as ive realized itll be close to 5 years from now that they feel the damage that theyve done.. It literally does poke holes in your brain after just one time.
12:16 PM on 09/01/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
EDM isn't garbage.
12:17 PM on 09/01/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
yea exactly.. not even 20.. if they are eating them as much as ive realized itll be close to 5 years from now that they feel the damage that theyve done.. It literally does poke holes in your brain after just one time.
One of my buddies only tried it a few times but when he had a cat scan they could already see where it had damaged his brain.
12:21 PM on 09/01/13
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
I popped weed once, never doin that again man
12:26 PM on 09/01/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Totally agree

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE