AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Default News Icon News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Vote For Jimmie Deeghan In The Guitar Center Singer/Songwriter Contest

Posted by - 09:05 AM on 09/02/13
Vote for Jimmie Deeghan (Every Avenue) in the Guitar Center Singer/Songwriter contest.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
09:27 AM on 09/02/13
anciar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why? because he plays in Every Avenue? how about vote for the best person?
09:42 AM on 09/02/13
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
How about we vote for someone that could actually idk...use winning the contest? You know some beautiful song writer nobody that plays a beaten up guitar(ala glen hansard) and could never afford any of the gear or the studio time the winner receives. A known musician/band member should not morally enter a contest where the prize is studio time and gear. Just seems fucked to me.
10:34 AM on 09/02/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I don't know anything about the contest, nor have I listened to Every Avenue, but we played a with him solo and I got his record and I really enjoy it a lot.
11:14 AM on 09/02/13
pnkhrdwndr
User Info.
I work for GC this makes me laugh quite a bit.
12:01 PM on 09/02/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Are people already doing that thing again where they act like a mediocre pop-punk singer who toured with some mildly successful bands 3-5 years ago is a celebrity who can't look to advance their careers?
12:10 PM on 09/02/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Are people already doing that thing again where they act like a mediocre pop-punk singer who toured with some mildly successful bands 3-5 years ago is a celebrity who can't look to advance their careers?
No, but I feel like a contest like this should help launch a completely unknown musician/songwriter (and I'm pretty sure that's the point of it). Like he really needs to win studio time and brand new gear?
12:50 PM on 09/02/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
No, but I feel like a contest like this should help launch a completely unknown musician/songwriter (and I'm pretty sure that's the point of it). Like he really needs to win studio time and brand new gear?
at least Jimmie Deeghan has proven he's committed to making music and has shown he can do so with some (small) level of success.

I don't know why experience in the industry would be frowned upon. It's not like some former superstar is entering a bunch of contests, winning gear and then pawning it to buy a car or pay back debts. This is a struggling musician who has built a small, loyal following and is looking for ways to sustain that.
05:53 PM on 09/02/13
bigfoamfinger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
as average- sized as EA was, he is still at an unfair advantage. I am sure he already has half the stuff on the prize page anyway. you gotta leave contests like this to the struggling musicians.
06:09 PM on 09/03/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
he also works at Guitar Center now
03:38 PM on 09/07/13
drevans18
BLERG
User Info.
as average- sized as EA was, he is still at an unfair advantage. I am sure he already has half the stuff on the prize page anyway. you gotta leave contests like this to the struggling musicians.
Like the girl from The Voice, Cassadee Pope? She won it all. In a fairly small contest like this (i.e. not nationally televised), it's hard when one contestant has tens of thousands of fans already. We should be voting for the people that are the best, not the people with the advantage of fans.
10:15 AM on 10/09/13
Drumhead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://songwriter.revimage.com/channels/Franchesca
12:09 AM on 11/02/13
leupp
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives