AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts.
04:03 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is probably the longest review I've ever written and probably the second or third 9.5 I've ever given.

I had a lot to say about this album and could talk about it for days, so I tried to cut out all I could.
07:48 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Great review, one of my favorite albums in a long while.

More thoughts on the latest AP.net podcast for anyone that hasn't heard it.
Thanks!

Now time to listen to your podcast about it. I always refrain from reading reviews - or in this case, listening to the podcast - of albums I'm planning to review so that I don't accidentally steal any ideas haha.
07:53 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
We definitely talk about some of the same things you wrote about ... articulation, Matty's phrasing on the plosives, etc.
Great. I'll listen shortly.
08:34 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Great review Ryan.

Agree wth everything except your slight distaste for Talk.

Probably going to be my aoty.

Robbers is the best.

Lyrics on every site I've been to say he says "you looks so cool" not "cold" though. I thought it sounded like Cold too and it makes more sense, I'm not sure.
Hm cold would make much more sense to me...

Just looked around - I see mixed lyrics of "cool" and "cold." Hm
08:49 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
excited to listen to this tomorrow on spotty. will purchase (or not purchase) accordingly. love the EPs, good review.

ps AP has a podcast? wtf
http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/...etails&l=51921
08:58 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Totally agree, it also sounds way more like "cold." Almost kills the emotion behind the line if it's actually "cool" imo, I was disappointed to read that.

Official lyrics are in the gen thread. Scanned from te disc.
Whelp according to that Robbers is "you look so cool" not cold. Man.
09:59 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Also, pretty bummed I didn't get to see them at SXSW or with The Neighbourhood at Antones earlier this year. You get a chance to see them?
Unfortunately not. The one time this summer when I wasn't in Austin they were here. And then at SXSW all of their shows were badge or 21+ so I couldn't get in because no badge and only 19.
06:44 AM on 09/03/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I'm just gonna imagine it's cold, not cool.
As am I haha
10:39 AM on 09/03/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
god damn, some great guests here. keith buckley and vinnie? sign me up!
Drew and Jason post a new one every Friday with a different guest
03:26 PM on 09/03/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Hey, that line is a nod to True Romance and Alabama repeating 'you're so cool' in her head about Clarence. The whole song is partially inspired by that movie.

Really great review, thanks.
Interesting! This band has all kinds of cool lyric inspirations/stories
09:07 PM on 09/03/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Thank you all for the nice comments. Seems like this album is getting almost universal praise which is great to see.

I love how this band allows each instrument to stand out in each song. You can hear the bass lines in every song, while the guitar fits the tone of each song - be it dancy or distorted. You can tell the band really puts immense thought into the composition and structure of each song, making me pick out new little thing each listen.
03:52 PM on 09/04/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like album could hit number 1, according to officialcharts.com
It’s going to be all change at the top of the Official Albums Chart this weekend as The 1975 are poised to knock Avenged Sevenfold’s Hail To The King off Number 1.

The Manchester-based band, who are fronted by Matthew Healy (son of Benidorm’s Timothy Healy and Loose Women’s Denise Welch) are currently in pole position on today’s midweek rundown with their eponymous debut album, which is outselling its closest competitors – Nine Inch Nail’s Hesitation Marks (Number 2) by more than two copies to one. The 1975 includes the band’s three Top 40 singles - Chocolate (19), The City (30) and Sex (34).
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums