Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 101.
08:36 PM on 09/02/13
vivatoto56
EB was left out
User Info.
Hm cold would make much more sense to me...

Totally agree, it also sounds way more like "cold." Almost kills the emotion behind the line if it's actually "cool" imo, I was disappointed to read that.
08:44 PM on 09/02/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
excited to listen to this tomorrow on spotty. will purchase (or not purchase) accordingly. love the EPs, good review.

ps AP has a podcast? wtf
08:49 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
excited to listen to this tomorrow on spotty. will purchase (or not purchase) accordingly. love the EPs, good review.

ps AP has a podcast? wtf
http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/...etails&l=51921
08:53 PM on 09/02/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hm cold would make much more sense to me...

Just looked around - I see mixed lyrics of "cool" and "cold." Hm
Official lyrics are in the gen thread. Scanned from te disc.
08:58 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Totally agree, it also sounds way more like "cold." Almost kills the emotion behind the line if it's actually "cool" imo, I was disappointed to read that.

Official lyrics are in the gen thread. Scanned from te disc.
Whelp according to that Robbers is "you look so cool" not cold. Man.
09:00 PM on 09/02/13
vivatoto56
EB was left out
User Info.
Whelp according to that Robbers is "you look so cool" not cold. Man.

Yeah, I think that was the first place I saw it. Lame. Cold is better, haha.
09:15 PM on 09/02/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Been talking about this album with a few buddies and your last paragraph is pretty much word for word what I told them. Haha. Nice review!
09:18 PM on 09/02/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
This is probably the longest review I've ever written and probably the second or third 9.5 I've ever given.

I had a lot to say about this album and could talk about it for days, so I tried to cut out all I could.

Also, pretty bummed I didn't get to see them at SXSW or with The Neighbourhood at Antones earlier this year. You get a chance to see them?
09:59 PM on 09/02/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Also, pretty bummed I didn't get to see them at SXSW or with The Neighbourhood at Antones earlier this year. You get a chance to see them?
Unfortunately not. The one time this summer when I wasn't in Austin they were here. And then at SXSW all of their shows were badge or 21+ so I couldn't get in because no badge and only 19.
10:16 PM on 09/02/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Excellent review Ryan!

I really need to check this out tomorrow.
10:53 PM on 09/02/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Excellent review, Ryan. I need to give this album more listens...it's definitely something special. Open the first two, there were definitely certain tracks that seemed to click with me more than others (especially the 80's-tinged numbers). Excited for this to click with me as a whole.
12:39 AM on 09/03/13
COLEMAN902
acommonyear.com
User Info.
Nice review, Ryan! This record is like the music I always wanted to make, but just never did. I love it. Atmospheric and fun, but with a darker edge. You never mentioned "Settle Down," but that was a standout track for me--has the syncopated kind of funk that I dig so much. I've been playing their EPs nonstop for months and I'm so glad to have a proper LP to spin now -- especially since they kept randomly taking down EPs from iTunes ha!
01:41 AM on 09/03/13
streetcar
User Info.
Man I guess if only Jimmy Eat World were from outside of manchester "futures" and "chase this light" wouldve BLOWN UPPPPPPPPP!!!.. Jkjk jkjk This is a good record foreal. I DEF DO understand all the hype.. I listened to it at the gym and had to stop a few times to rewind some cool parts.
03:35 AM on 09/03/13
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seems like I'm the only one who found this record boring. The first half of the album is the same song repeated over and over, while in the second half there are a couple good tunes (like Girls or Settle Down), but nothing so stunning in my opinion.
04:01 AM on 09/03/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Enormous hype, I have to check this out.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums