Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 101.
01:08 PM on 09/03/13
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
Said it before, will say it again: One of the best albums--if not THE best--of this year!
nah bro
02:04 PM on 09/03/13
buk182
User Info.
Haha you are not kidding. The production is awesome and it always feels like theres so much going on.

Nuff said my brajj
02:29 PM on 09/03/13
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After I heard Chocolate, I was hooked. Great album
03:20 PM on 09/03/13
Bandito14
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hm cold would make much more sense to me...

Just looked around - I see mixed lyrics of "cool" and "cold." Hm
Hey, that line is a nod to True Romance and Alabama repeating 'you're so cool' in her head about Clarence. The whole song is partially inspired by that movie.

Really great review, thanks.
03:26 PM on 09/03/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Hey, that line is a nod to True Romance and Alabama repeating 'you're so cool' in her head about Clarence. The whole song is partially inspired by that movie.

Really great review, thanks.
Interesting! This band has all kinds of cool lyric inspirations/stories
03:59 PM on 09/03/13
i_am_near_main
User Info.
Hit the nail on the head.
04:03 PM on 09/03/13
Turkeylegz
C'est La Vie
User Info.
Haven't heard of them until I read this review.
I am very glad I read this. Good review.
04:54 PM on 09/03/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They developed an artful sophistication and electronic adventurism to their punk rumbles, it was an intriguing track called ‘Robbers’ that earned them a manager in 2009. Based around a violent, cinematic tale of lust on the lam. “I got really obsessed with the idea behind Patricia Arquette’s character in True Romance when I was about eighteen,” Matty recalls “That craving for the bad boy in that film it’s so sexualized, and the gore with the sexual lust really merges together. It was something I was obsessed with.”

Edit: May be a spoiler but the movie has gotta be about 20 years old now.

Such an awesome cast back when Christian Slater was an A lister, and an early Tarantino work.
05:45 PM on 09/03/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Incredible album that has been on rotation from the second I woke up, then at work, and when I got home. I can take Talk! but I can't take M.O.N.E.Y. though. Robbers is a song that never ceases to amaze me when I hear it.
07:23 PM on 09/03/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This is probably the longest review I've ever written and probably the second or third 9.5 I've ever given.

I had a lot to say about this album and could talk about it for days, so I tried to cut out all I could.
You sum up my thoughts so well.

If i had to describe it in one sentence it'd probably be that this album is what a debut album should be like. It has an element that is missing from new bands, youth, while maintaining a desire to produce something that is of quality.
07:38 PM on 09/03/13
ChadMaxey
tpf
User Info.
Listening for the first time now and loving it
07:47 PM on 09/03/13
ImAMetaphor
blow your fucking brains out
User Info.
The Greatest Generation became the soundtrack to my summer

I want The 1975 to become the soundtrack for my fall
09:00 PM on 09/03/13
quiksilver21k
User Info.
This is probably the longest review I've ever written and probably the second or third 9.5 I've ever given.

I had a lot to say about this album and could talk about it for days, so I tried to cut out all I could.

Great review Ryan, very well written and convinced me to pick up the album. Been listening to it all day without any prior knowledge about this band. I must say, this is a very refreshing release that includes all of the elements that I look for in an album (melodic guitar, strong vocals, unique voice, meaningful lyrics and solid beats).

Some of the tracks remind me of the first Third Eye Blind album (self titled) in terms of lyrical content, vocal presentation and that rock/pop synergy.

9.5/10
09:07 PM on 09/03/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Thank you all for the nice comments. Seems like this album is getting almost universal praise which is great to see.

I love how this band allows each instrument to stand out in each song. You can hear the bass lines in every song, while the guitar fits the tone of each song - be it dancy or distorted. You can tell the band really puts immense thought into the composition and structure of each song, making me pick out new little thing each listen.
09:36 PM on 09/03/13
Micklovin
User Info.
LOVING this album. Only song I'm not keen on is M.O.N.E.Y, otherwise I love it start to finish. Some absolutely gorgeous tracks. Sucks that it doesn't come out here in Oz til the 13th. Will have to settle for the stream until then. Can't wait for them to announce a Big Day Out sideshow.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums