Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: The Gaslight Anthem Ticket Giveaway

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/04/13)
Another day, another chance to win tickets to see your favorite band. The Gaslight Anthem will be playing at The Paramount in Long Island on September 8th. We're giving away one pair to one lucky winner today. Check the replies for details on how to win.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
02:40 PM on 09/04/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

The Gaslight Anthem Ticket GiveawayWhat's your ideal set list for a Gaslight Anthem concert? Would you want a mixture of old and new? Just the hits? Handwritten songs only? What would be the best closer for the set? I'll choose my favorite answer by the end of the day and notify the winner via PM. Good luck!
02:46 PM on 09/04/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The Gaslight Anthem Ticket GiveawayWhat's your ideal set list for a Gaslight Anthem concert? Would you want a mixture of old and new? Just the hits? Handwritten songs only? What would be the best closer for the set? I'll choose my favorite answer by the end of the day and notify the winner via PM. Good luck!

*barf*
02:48 PM on 09/04/13
TripleW24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Would love to see a nice mix along with some of the new songs I hear that they have been playing. While 59 Sound is probably my favorite album of theirs, I love it all. Closing with The Backseat would be ideal for me.
03:03 PM on 09/04/13
touchekailey
Radical
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Gaslight plays a lot of Handwritten songs since its release and honestly I miss the old hits. I think my ideal set would be a progression of how far they've come as a band. Opening up with songs from Sink or Swim such as Red in the Morning would be rad. Then Señor & the Queen! Oh gosh, that'll be cool. Increasing song volume by the more recent records would show that as years go by, it's essentially what kind of band Gaslight stands for. Ending off with We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner for the "stay hungry, live free and do the best that you can" closure would just complete the whole experience.
03:12 PM on 09/04/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
I would like to see them play Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis,repeatedly, for an hour. Then, they could play Old White Lincoln and call it a night.
03:48 PM on 09/04/13
GrottolaJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
'59 Sound 5 year anniversary type deal. The album straight through and then an even mix of Sink or Swim, American Slang and Handwritten.
04:10 PM on 09/04/13
dezi
User Info.
Ideally, I'd like a set that showcases how great each of their albums are. I chose Howl as an opener because I can picture Alex R. playing that opening riff before the lights go on. As the song kicks in, the energy would blow the roof off the place. Below is my dream setlist. I'd probably go into cardiac arrest if they played something similar to this.

1. Howl
2. The Patient Ferris Wheel
3. The Diamond Church Street Choir
4. We Came To Dance
5. 45
6. Old White Lincoln
7. Film Noir
8. Biloxi Parish
9. Old Haunts
10. Here Comes My Man
11. Miles Davis & The Cool
12. Here's Looking At You, Kid
13. Wooderson
14. Angry Johnny And The Radio (with Brian singing Bon Iver's Blood Bank during the bridge)
15. Mulholland Drive
16. Casanova, Baby!
17. Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
18. The '59 Sound
19. Great Expectations

Encore:

20. 1930
21. American Slang
22. Misery
23. Blue Dahlia
24. The Backseat
04:57 PM on 09/04/13
guitarsmash0r
count it.
User Info.

Best closer? Simple: Anything that brings out Tift Merritt.
08:20 PM on 09/04/13
mollyk
User Info.
I've never seen them live so my dream set list would be something like:
American Slang
Desire
Great Expectations
Bring It On
Here Comes My Man
High Lonesome
Wooderson
Miles Davis & The Cool