Username
Password
Coldplay News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
06:43 PM on 09/06/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Coldplay's best songs are their slower ones. I would not rank this in their top 10 but its still pretty good. I can't wait to hear a new album by them. Mylo Xyloto was fantastic and the tour for it was one of the best performances I have ever seen.

My favorite is A Rush Of Blood To The Head but I will always have a soft spot for X & Y because of 'The Hardest Part" and the string of songs "What If", "White Shadows", and "Fix You". That album had some of the capstones for the band but was also their moodiest.

Hope their next album is in the vein of Mylo Xyloto or something new. It was so much better than Viva La Vida which was ok but such a coffee shop soundtrack.
07:33 PM on 09/06/13
rsk423
User Info.
For me X & Y was the worst album by them with some fantastic songs thrown about. The songs were great but as a whole it left me with a sour taste. Then Viva La Vida came along and I enjoyed it to death. It wasn't their best, that would be and still is A Rush of Blood to the Head. Ironically I didn't dig Mylo Xyloto that much. It was just........very hard to get into. Felt too mainstream even for Coldplay standards. I didn't get as much emotion out of it.

Personally their debut album is still the shit for me. Coldplay have done many things, all of them rather dynamic, but I would long for that "Coldplay" sound that everyone makes fun of them for. Like, have an album that really speaks to me with a early 00's vibe going on. Bah, I'm too old now it seems. haha
10:35 PM on 09/06/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Not sure if it would fit in on MX, but it certainly would be on the upper half (quality speaking...)
12:38 AM on 09/07/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
general comment about Coldplay and how their music quality is night and day
02:33 AM on 09/07/13
SlyZ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Coldplay is the most overrated thing along with Daft Punk and Jennifer Lawrence...
04:18 AM on 09/07/13
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
what ? overhated is more accurate
05:57 AM on 09/07/13
albertad
User Info.
Actually really like this. Some of the piano chords remind me of radiohead a little

I agree it sounds like this:
10:32 AM on 09/07/13
ConnorSteed
Empty Fate Just Means An Even Score
User Info.
This is what Tom Delonge wishes Angels and Airwaves sounded like
10:54 AM on 09/07/13
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I like it. Maybe I'll love it soon.
12:12 PM on 09/07/13
icantdecide
Registered Member
User Info.
Probably some life-is-amazing piano ballad with vague lyrics about elements, nature and the world.
01:56 PM on 09/07/13
kevinjordan
This Wild Life - Kevin
User Info.
Cool feeling chorus, vibey song in general. I can see people calling it a snoozer though. Their live DVD is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.
06:46 AM on 09/09/13
tossit
Gather round children zip it listen
User Info.
Cool lyric video...only reason I watched it all the way through. The song did nothing for me.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums